Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills / Edition 3by Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter, Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia Ann Potter
Pub. Date: 06/13/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills provides complete coverage of basic, intermediate, and advanced skills in a streamlined, visually-oriented format. This text features a unique, user-friendly, full-color presentation, with more than a thousand photos and drawings. The nursing process framework and clear, 2-column format with rationales help put/i>… See more details below
Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills provides complete coverage of basic, intermediate, and advanced skills in a streamlined, visually-oriented format. This text features a unique, user-friendly, full-color presentation, with more than a thousand photos and drawings. The nursing process framework and clear, 2-column format with rationales help put nursing skills into the context of care delivery. Skills are clustered, with similar skills covered together, to reflect the way they are commonly taught.
- Includes basic, intermediate, and advanced skills.
- Standard beginning and completion protocols for each skill are summarized on inside front cover for easy reference so that routine steps need not be constantly repeated.
- Skills are clustered, with similar skills covered together, to reflect the way they are commonly taught.
- Easy-to-follow 2-column format for skills includes rationales for key steps to help students understand why specific techniques are used.
- Nurse-Alerts highlight safety issues or critical steps in the skills
- Glove logo provides a visual reminder to apply clean gloves.
- Delegation Considerations guide nurses when assigning a skill to unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Special considerations include age-related, home-care, and long term care.
- Communication Tips provide guidelines for students on how to prepare, support, and instruct clients.
- Over a thousand full-color photographs and drawings clearly show how steps are performed.
Martha Keene Elkin RN, MSN, Formerly, Lactation Counselor, Stephens Memorial Hospital, Norway, ME
Anne Griffin Perry RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Coordinator, Adult Health Specialty, Saint Louis University School of Nursing, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, St. Louis, MO
Patricia A. Potter RN, MSN, PhD, CMAC, Research Scientist, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Third Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.56(w) x 10.82(h) x 1.44(d)
Table of Contents
|Unit I||Fundamental Concepts|
|1||Professional Nursing Practice||1|
|3||Medical Aseptic Techniques||49|
|4||Basic Sterile Techniques||68|
|5||Promoting a Safe Environment||80|
|Unit II||Basic Human Needs|
|6||Promoting Activity and Mobility||110|
|9||Assisting With Elimination||199|
|10||Promoting Comfort, Sleep, and Relaxation||222|
|Unit III||Assessment Skills|
|Unit IV||Administration of Medications|
|16||Preparation for Medication Administration||408|
|17||Administration of Nonparenteral Medications||425|
|18||Administration of Injections||457|
|Unit V||Perioperative Nursing Care|
|19||Preparing the Client for Surgery||491|
|21||Caring for the Postoperative Client||519|
|Unit VI||Wound Care|
|22||Surgical Wound Care||536|
|25||Therapeutic Use of Heat and Cold||596|
|Unit VII||Managing Immobilized Clients|
|26||Special Mattresses and Beds||611|
|27||Promoting Range of Motion||629|
|28||Traction, Cast Care, and Immobilization Devices||646|
|Unit VIII||Managing Complex Nursing Interventions|
|30||Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance||725|
|34||Altered Bowel Elimination||819|
|35||Altered Urinary Elimination||838|
|36||Altered Sensory Perception||866|
|37||Emergency Measures for Life Support in the Hospital Setting||882|
|38||Care of the Client With Special Needs||898|
|40||Client Teaching and Home Health Management||939|
|App. A||Sample Forms||962|
|App. B||Abbreviations and Equivalents||979|
|App. C||Classification of Nursing Diagnoses by Functional Health Patterns||983|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >