Nursing Issues in Leading and Managing Change / Edition 1by Jeanette Lancaster
Pub. Date: 10/01/1998
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
NURSING ISSUES IN LEADING AND MANAGING CHANGE provides current, cutting-edge information to guide nurses who are responsible for managing change in our health care system. The text covers the changes in the systems of health care, role theory, decision process, social and cultural settings, ethical and legal issues, credentialing, management skills, managed care and nursing informatics. The book is organized in three parts: change theory, the environment of change, and effecting change in the health care system. Each chapter provides consistent features including objectives and key points to emphasize important information the student needs to know. Key terms boxes are integrated throughout the chapters to highlight important vocabulary terms used in today's health care environment. Chapters conclude with critical thinking questions to enhance learning and toreinforce critical thinking skills.
- Discusses critical issues that affect nurses today and assists them in preparing for future practice.
- Provides substantive core content based on business practices to help the nurse more efffectively deal with issues related to their practice.
- Includes an introduction in every chapter to pique students' interest and set the context of material to follow.
- Offers objectives to provide the student a clear understanding of the outcomes expected after reading each chapter.
- Integrates key points at the end of the chapter to emphasize important information the student will need to know.
- Includes critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter to help students assess their own strengths, areas of improvement, values, attitudes, and goals.
- Features key term boxes throughout each chapter to highlight important vocabulary terms used in today's health care environment.
- Presents a three-part organization: the theoretical foundations for change; the environment in which changes occurs; and effecting change in the health care system to help organize the material in a logical fashion for student comprehension.
- Provides a consistent format in each chapter to make the material more user-friendly for the student.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews