Nursing Research: Methods, Critical Appraisal and Utilizationby Geri Lobiondo-Wood
The fifth edition of Nursing Research is a comprehensive critical appraisal tool. This text examines the roles of research in nursing, the processes of qualitative and quantitative research, application and analysis of nursing research, and evidence based practice. Several interactive features such as research articles, critical thinking challenges, and… See more details below
The fifth edition of Nursing Research is a comprehensive critical appraisal tool. This text examines the roles of research in nursing, the processes of qualitative and quantitative research, application and analysis of nursing research, and evidence based practice. Several interactive features such as research articles, critical thinking challenges, and critiquing criteria are presented as learning aids.Features:
- Each of the four book parts opens with an updated research vignette that is written by actual nurse researchers. Each vignette shows the links between research, education, and practice.
- 2-color design throughout the text
- Key terms are explained in each chapter, and are shown in boldface for emphasis. A chapter-opening list of each term gives the user a "heads-up" of what to look for.
- Helpful Hints are scattered throughout each chapter to broaden the user's knowledge of chapter content
- Critical Thinking Challenges offer the user an opportunity to discuss and debate the chapter's lessons from basic content questions to stating and defending one's position
- Learning Objectives clearly state what will be accomplished in the study of each chapter's contents
- Key Points end each chapter, and provide a concise, bulleted summary of critical issues
- Updated Glossary with new and revised terms
- Updated and complete research articles and studies are included as Appendixes
- The fifth edition will feature an all-new and unique design to highlight the critiquing portion of the chapter. This new section appears near the end of the chapter and will include research critiquing text and book features such as Critiquing Criteria, Critical Thinking Challenges, and research articles if applicable
- Chapter 6, "Introduction to Qualitative Research," is a key addition that differentiates qualitative from quantitative research
- The Instructor's Resource Manual will now be available on-line. Faculty will be issued a passcode to access the IRM
- The study guide will also be online, for an additional $14.00. Students will be issued a passcode to access the study guide
Description: This fourth edition book on nursing research describes the processes of quantitative and qualitative research methods along with the significant criteria for evaluating the research literature. The book has a section focusing on the critique and utilization of research findings in clinical practice.
Purpose: The purpose of the book is to assist baccalaureate and master's nursing students and nurses in their understanding of the research process, critiquing of studies, and utilizing current findings in clinical practice and education.
Audience: The book is targeted for undergraduate and graduate nursing students along with nurses in practice to facilitate competency in research.
Features: The two color text and Internet research resources in the book are excellent features. Key terms, learning outcomes, key points, and critical thinking challenges are identified within each chapter. The authors include several nursing vignettes to stimulate the reader's interest in research.
Assessment: This nursing research text is an outstanding resource for both undergraduate and graduate nursing students studying the process of research and the evaluation and utilization of findings in practice. The book is well organized, which enhances the understanding of complex topics. There are numerous illustrations to demonstrate the research process. The book includes excellent critiques of research along with a discussion of the criteria for evaluating research reports. The contributors refer to current research findings throughout their discussions of the content. The book concludes with an outstanding chapter on the utilization of research in practice.
- Mosby, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2nd ed
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >