- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Designated a Doody's Core Title!
This second edition is the perfect companion to original theoretical works in nursing for a better understanding of both the theories themselves and the essential questions about nursing theory development. Rather than being a nursing theory survey, the text provides the reader with a deeper understanding of nursing theories through examining them in their conceptual and philosophical contexts. This is a work of international collaboration, with distinguished nurse scholars from the United States, Germany, and Norway, organized around major themes in nursing and health care into which information on specific nursing theories is integrated. It is designed for advanced nursing students, educators, and others interested in nursing theory and concepts.
For Further Information, Please Click Here! Please note that this website is in German!
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Introduction, H.S. Kim
• Human Needs and Nursing Theory, J. Fortin
• Adaptation as a Basic Conceptual Focus in Nursing Theories, D. Schwartz-Barcott
• The Concept of Self-Care, I. Kollak
• The concept of Interaction in Theory and Practice, S. Wied
• The Concept of Need in Nursing Theory, P. Powers
• The Concept of Holism, H.S. Kim
• Systems Theory and Nursing Theories, H. Kleve
• Existentialism anad Phenomenology in Nursing Theories, H.S. Kim
• Humanism in Nursing Theory: A Focus on Caring, M.S. Fagermoen
• Pragmatism, Nursing, and Nursing Knowledge Development, H.S. Kim and B. Sjöström
• Biography and Biographical Work: An Approach for Nursing, B. Schulte-Steinicke
• Evidence-based Nursing for Practice and Science, M. Hasseler
• Transculturality and Nursing, B. Rommelspacher
• Illness as Risk, F. Balke
• Postscript, I. Kollak and S. Wied
Appendix A: Synopsis of Selected Nursing Theories and Conceptual Models
Appendix B: Selected Middle-Range Theories in Nursing