2009 Trade paperback 7th ed. Very good. handful of pages have some highlighting-less than 3%. Trade paperback (US). Glued binding. 797 p. Contains: Tables, black & white, ...Figures. Audience: General/trade.Read moreShow Less
2009 Paperback Good Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, and may not ...include cd-rom or access codes. Customer service is our top priority!Read moreShow Less
May NOT include supplemental materials such as CDs and access codes. Ships next business day! Choose expedited shipping for delivery in 2-6 business days! May include some ...highlighting or writing.Read moreShow Less
Very Good Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Your purchase also supports literacy charities. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is ...shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
Good Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Your purchase also supports literacy charities. *****PLEASE ...NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
The most comprehensive of its kind, Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 8th Edition provides an in-depth look at 39 theorists of historical, international, and significant importance. Each chapter features a clear, consistent presentation of a key nursing philosophy or theory. Case studies, critical thinking activities, and in-depth objective critiques of nursing theories help bridge the gap between theory and application.
• Critical Thinking Activities at the end of each theorist chapter help you to process the theory presented and apply it to personal and hypothetical practice situations.
• A case study at the end of each theorist chapter puts the theory into a larger perspective, demonstrating how it can be applied to practice.
• A Brief Summary in each theorist chapter helps you review for tests and confirm your comprehension.
• A Major Concepts & Definitions box included in each theorist chapter outlines the theory’s most significant ideas and clarifies content-specific vocabulary.
• Each theorist chapter is written by a scholar specializing in that particular theorist’s work, often having worked closely with the theorists, to provide the most accurate and complete information possible.
• Beginning chapters provide a strong foundation on the history and philosophy of science, logical reasoning, and the theory development process.
• Diagrams for theories help you visualize and better understand inherently abstract concepts.
• Pictures of theorists, as well as a listing of contact information for each individual, enables you to contact the source of information directly.
• Theorist chapters have been reviewed and edited by the theorist, validating the accounts set forth in the text for currency and accuracy.
• An extensive bibliography at the conclusion of each theorist chapter outlines numerous primary and secondary sources of information, ideal for both undergraduate and graduate research projects.
• NEW! Quotes from the theorist make each complex theory more memorable.
• NEW! Chapter on Afaf Meleis profiles a theorist who has shaped theoretical development in nursing and explores her "transition theory."
• NEW! Need to Know Information is highlighted to streamline long, complex passages and help you review key concepts.
• NEW! Points for Further Study at the end of each chapter direct you to assets available for additional information.
Reviewer: Vicki Ann Moss, DNSc, MS, BSN, RN (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh) Description: The authors identify and discuss the works of 51 major nurse theorists of historical and international importance as well as others who have used their work in theoretical publications. Purpose: The purpose is to provide an in-depth, comprehensive reference of the major nurse theorists and their works. According to the editors, it is a tribute to the theorists' works. Audience: The audience is nurses and nursing students at all educational levels. Features: The 37 chapters are grouped into six units that cover the evolution of nursing theories, philosophies, nursing models, nursing theories, middle range theories, and future of nursing theory. Each chapter follows the same framework, which promotes consistency. An extensive bibliography is included for the works of each theorist, identifying primary and secondary sources. Critical thinking activities are included, as well as case studies, points for further study, and web sites. Assessment: This is a comprehensive resource on the nurse theorists, and the consistent framework used for each chapter makes comparisons and contrasts easy to make. Each theorist's chapter begins with a picture, which lends a personal touch, and the extensive bibliography and web sites are added bonuses. This is a must-have for any nursing scholar.