Nursing Today: Transition and Trends / Edition 6by JoAnn Zerwekh
This bestselling issues & trends textbook gives you a broad understanding of the problems and opportunities you will face as you make the transition from student to practicing nurse. While most of your studies have focused on learning how to care for the patient, this text teaches you the practical skills essential to managing the business side of your nursing… See more details below
This bestselling issues & trends textbook gives you a broad understanding of the problems and opportunities you will face as you make the transition from student to practicing nurse. While most of your studies have focused on learning how to care for the patient, this text teaches you the practical skills essential to managing the business side of your nursing career, including tips on resume writing and interviewing techniques, how to prepare for the NCLEX-RN exam, and effective ways to communicate and handle conflict in the work place. This new edition includes two new chapters on Emergency Preparedness and Building Nursing Management Skills plus numerous chapters that have been updated with the most relevant topics necessary for today's nursing student.
- Each chapter features lively cartoons, chapter objectives and exercises, boxed information, and critical thinking questions to keep you focused on pertinent information.
- The Role Transitions chapter orients you to the content and leads off the topics covered in the textbook.
- Continued coverage of current issues in the Workplace Issues chapter includes updated content on sexual harassment, needle stick injury and other topics.
- Employment Considerations chapter combines in-depth coverage on seeking employment, resume writing and interviewing techniques.
- NCLEX-RN and the New Graduate is an entire chapter featuring valuable tips on how to prepare for and successfully pass the exam.
- Evolve companion website includes Case Studies, Test Taking Strategies, a sample NCLEX Test Tutorial, a sample NCLEX Test, plus access to Resume Maker templates for creating professionalresumes and cover letters.
- UNIQUE! New Emergency Preparedness chapter provides an in-depth look at bioterrorism and rapid response teams.
- UNIQUE! The revised and newly titled Building Nursing Management Skills chapter focuses on how to manage your time, get organized, develop and use communication skills, and delegate.
- UNIQUE! New Evidence-Based Practice boxes convey the research element in the topics covered.
- Updated chapter on Personal Management: Time and Self-care Strategies includes information on how to manage and balance your personal and professional time.
- Updated Nursing Education chapter includes current information on credentialing, registration and licensing, certification and accreditation.
- Updated Image of Nursing: Influences of the Present chapter describes the nurse's role, the traditional role of the nurse, and nurses as advocates, teachers, colleagues and managers.
- Updated Table of Contents improves the flow of material covered to make it easier for you to quickly find and learn important topics.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
|3||Employment considerations : opportunities, resumes, and interviewing||43|
|4||Mentoring and preceptorship||79|
|5||NCLEK-RN and the new graduate||91|
|6||Historical perspectives : influences of the past||121|
|9||Image of nursing : influences of the present||179|
|10||Challenges of nursing management||207|
|11||Effective communication and team building||229|
|14||Delegation in the clinical setting||311|
|15||The health care organization and patterns of nursing care delivery||333|
|16||Economics of the health care delivery system||359|
|17||Political action in nursing||377|
|18||Collective bargaining : traditional and non-traditional approaches||401|
|21||Cultural and spiritual awareness||505|
|22||Quality patient care||521|
|24||Using nursing research in practice||573|
|App. A||Boards of nursing||601|
|App. B||National nursing organizations||609|
|App. C||American Nurses Association constituent member associations||617|
|App. D||Canadian nursing organizations||627|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >