- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Guide to the Use of the Dictionary.
1. Dietary Reference Intakes.
2. Tolerable Upper-Intake Levels.
3. Recommended Dietary Standards for Young Adults in SelectedCountries and FAO/WHO.
4. Food Guide Pyramid.
5. Food Guides of Selected Countries.
6. Food Labeling and Nutrition.
7. Daily Values for Food Labels.
8. Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
9. National Nutrition Objectives for 2010.
10. Gastrointestinal Functions and Absorption.
11. Interrelationships of Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat.
12. Roles of Vitamins in Metabolism.
13. Roles of Minerals in Metabolism.
14. Summary of Selected Hormones.
15. Weights of Children from 3 Months to 19 Years.
16. Weights of Adult Men and Women Aged 20 and Over.
17. Body mass index (adults).
18. Estimation of Frame Size and Stature.
19. Triceps Skinfold Thickness.
20. Mid-upper Arm Muscle Circumference.
21. Estimation of Energy, Protein, and Fluid Requirements.
22. Interpretations and Equations for Assessing Nutritional Status.
23. Physical Assessment of Nutritional Status.
24. Biochemical Assessment of Nutritional Status.
25. Reference Values for Serum Lipids.
26. Reference Blood Values for Nutritional Assessment.
27. Normal Reference Values for Urine.
28. Sugar Content of Selected Foods.
29. Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load of Selected Foods.
30. Dietary Fiber Content of Selected Foods.
31. Alcohol Content of Selected Beverages.
32. Cholesterol Content of Selected Foods.
33. Total Fat and Fatty Acids Content of Selected Foods.
34. Caffeine Content of Selected Foods.
35. Sodium Content of Selected Foods.
36. Nutritive and Nonnutritive Sweeteners.
37. Fat Replacers (Substitutes).
38. Phytochemicals in Foods.
39. Dietary Supplements.
40. Composition of Milk and Selected Formulas for Infant Feeding.
41. Selected Nutritional Products for Children.
42. Proprietary Formulas for Enteral Nutrition.
43. Composition of Oral and Intravenous Electrolyte Solutions.
44. Amino Acid Solutions for Parenteral Nutrition.
45. Nutrition Therapy in Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
46. Drug Interactions with Foods and Nutrients.
47. Common Foodborne Pathogens.
48. Common Prefixes, Suffixes, and Symbols.
49. Common Abbreviations in Nutrition and the Medical Records.
50. Sources of Nutrition Information.