Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice / Edition 7by Susan G. Dudek
Pub. Date: 06/24/2013
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Master the nutrition content you need for success with Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice, a practical reference you can use throughout your education and into practice. Throughout the book, the author demonstrates the importance of nutrition to all aspects of nursing practice and emphasizes what you really need to know about nutrition. The Seventh/b>
Master the nutrition content you need for success with Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice, a practical reference you can use throughout your education and into practice. Throughout the book, the author demonstrates the importance of nutrition to all aspects of nursing practice and emphasizes what you really need to know about nutrition. The Seventh Edition reflects the latest evidence-based practice and nutrition recommendations, while maintaining its nursing process focus and emphasis on patient teaching.
- Prepare for the board exam with each chapter’s NCLEX-style study questions.
- Apply nutrition concepts to real world scenarios through intriguing case studies in every chapter.
- Get involved in real world clinical challenges with 24 online Disease-Oriented Interactive Case Studies. Each case study ends with ten NCLEX-style test questions and five open-ended critical thinking questions.
- Be ready for teachable moments with patients through the popular Quick Bites features that offer short, compelling food details and facts.
- Test your knowledge with chapter-opening True/False questions tied to chapter Objectives. (An answer key appears at the end of the chapter).
- Access a range of useful tools, including Sample Diets, Dietary Reference Intakes, dietary guidelines for the United States and other countries, MyPyramid for Moms, and coverage of nutritional needs throughout the life cycle.
- Learn to think on your feet in challenging clinical situations with chapter-ending How Do You Respond? sections.
- Master the content of the course with key terms defined in the margins and chapter-ending key concepts, as well as easy-to-understand tables, and visuals.
- Find the most up-to-date and reliable nutrition resources online using chapter-ending Web addresses. You can also access the latest research through the wide range of current journal articles posted on thePoint.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Seventh, North American Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.10(w) x 10.03(h) x 0.92(d)
Table of Contents
Principles of Nutrition
chapter 1 Nutrition in Nursing
chapter 2 Carbohydrates
chapter 3 Protein
chapter 4 Lipids
chapter 5 Vitamins
chapter 6 Water and Minerals
chapter 7 Energy Balance
Nutrition in Health Promotion
chapter 8 Guidelines for Healthy Eating
chapter 9 Consumer Issues
chapter 10 Cultural and Religious Influences on Food and Nutrition
chapter 11 Healthy Eating for Healthy Babies
chapter 12 Nutrition for Infants, Children, and Adolescents
chapter 13 Nutrition for Older Adults
Nutrition in Clinical Practice
chatper 14 Obesity and Eating Disorders
chapter 15 Feeding Patients: Oral Diets and Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition
chapter 16 Nutrition for Patients with Metabolic or Respiratory Stress
chapter 17 Nutrition for Patients with Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders
Chapter 18: Nutrition for Patients with Disorders of the Lower GI Tract and Accessory Organs
chapter 19 Nutrition for Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
chapter 20 Nutrition for Patients with Cardiovascular Disorders
chapter 21 Nutrition for Patients with Kidney Disorders
chapter 22 Nutrition for Patients with Cancer or HIV/AIDS
APPENDIX 1: Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): recommended dietary allowances and adequate intakes, total water and macronutrients
appendix 2: Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): recommended dietary allowances and adequate intakes, vitamins
appendix 3: Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): recommended dietary allowances and adequate intakes, elements
APPENDIX 4: Answers to Study Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >