Nutrition: Concepts and Controversies / Edition 8by Frances S. Sizer, Eleanor Noss Whitney
Pub. Date: 01/28/2000
NUTRITION: CONCEPTS AND CONTROVERSIES focuses on the application of Nutrition principles while offering outstanding coverage of biochemistry and physiology. Its colorful design and conversational writing style make it appealing and accessible to students and has made it the leading Nutrition text for the non-majors or mixed majors/non-majors introductory course.
Table of Contents
2. Nutrition ToolsStandards and Guidelines.
3. The Remarkable Body.
4. The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, Glycogen, and Fiber.
5. The Lipids: Fats, Oils, Phosolipids, and Sterols.
6. The Proteins and Amino Acids.
7. The Vitamins.
8. Water and Minerals.
9. Energy Balance and Healthy Body Weight.
10. Nutrients, Physical Activity, and The Body's Responses.
11. Diet and Health.
12. Life Cycle Nutrition: Mother and Infant.
13. Child, Teen, and Older Adult.
14. Food Safety and Food Technology.
15. Hunger and the Global Environment.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews