- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Nutrition & You: Core Concepts for Good Health is an exciting title in the introductory consumer nutrition market. Drawing on the strengths cultivated in Joan Salge Blake’s majors and non-majors editions, this text addresses the needs of the growing consumer market through a focused review of key nutrition topics and a hands-on, lively approach to useful information for everyday good nutrition and health.
Through the use of short, focused concepts rather than longer chapters, this text provides you with practical information and engaging tools that help you make positive changes in your nutrition and overall health, while covering the elements essential to a consumer-oriented introductory nutrition course. It exceeds key competitors in the market through its targeted content, useful features, lively readability, and accessible design–all intended to engage you and encourage you to apply this new knowledge to tyour daily life.
The MyPlate Edition features a write-to-fit update so that you and your instructor have the latest nutrition information right within your book (and instructors don’t have to change their syllabus). New information includes the new MyPlate graphic (which replaces the former MyPyramid throughout the book, including the Food Source Diagrams), the 2010 Dietary Guidelines, and the new Dietary Reference Intakes for vitamin D and calcium.
0321897226 / 9780321897220 Nutrition & You Core Concepts for Good Health, MyPlate Edition Plus MyNutritionLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321897234 / 9780321897237 Nutrition & You: Core Concepts for Good Health, MyPlate Edition
0321902130 / 9780321902139 NEW MyNutritionLab with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Nutrition & You: Core Concepts for Good Health, MyPlate Edition
1. Why You Eat What You Eat
2. What is Nutrition?
3. Nutrition Claims: Sorting Fact from Fiction
4. Tools for Healthy Eating
5. Food Labels: Cracking the Code
6. Digestion: How Food Becomes Nutrition
7. Carbohydrates: Facts to Know
8. Carbohydrates: Foods to Eat
9. Diabetes: A Growing Epidemic
10. Fats: Facts to Know
11. Fats: Foods to Eat
12. Eat to Beat Heart Disease
13. Proteins: Facts to Know
14. Proteins: Foods to Eat
15. Vegetarian Diets: What to Eat When You Don’t Eat Meat
16. Vitamins: Small but Powerful
17. Minerals: Essential Elements
18. Water: Facts to Know, Fluids to Drink
19. Alcohol: The Real Story
20. Healthy Weight: What Is It and How Do You Maintain It?
21. Overweight and Obesity: Fighting the Factors that Put On Weight
22. Underweight and Disordered Eating: When Eating Enough is a Challenge
23. Fighting Cancer with a Knife and Fork
24. Focus on Fitness
25. Eat to Compete
26. Supplements and Functional Foods: Are They Right for You?
27. Food Safety
28. Food Insecurity
29. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy Through Infancy
30. Life Cycle Nutrition: Childhood Through the Later Years