0471744875 Premium Publisher Direct Books are Like New or Brand New books direct from the publisher sometimes at a discount. Multiple copies are usually available. These books ...are not available for expedited shipping and may take up to 14 business days to receive.Read moreShow Less
PAPERBACK New 0471744875 Premium Publisher Direct Books are Like New or Brand New books direct from the publisher sometimes at a discount. Multiple copies are usually ...available. These books are not available for expedited shipping and may take up to 14 business days to receive.Read moreShow Less
An object-oriented design text that's student oriented too!
Now updated to reflect the innovations of Java 5.0, Cay Horstmann's Object-Oriented Design & Patterns, 2nd Edition continues to offer a student-oriented guide to object-oriented design.
Drawing from his extensive experience as a programmer and teacher, Horstmann helps you appreciate the value of object-oriented design principles, and gives you a context for applying these principles and techniques in your own designs. Throughout the text, outstanding pedagogy, carefully developed exercises and examples, and a strong emphasis on problem solving make object-oriented design principles accessible to readers with limited programming experience.
Cay Horstmann's Object-Oriented Design & Patterns, 2nd Edition:
* Integrates the use of Java 5.0 constructs throughout, including generics and the java.util.concurrent library.
* Presents high-interest examples, including ones from the Java 5.0 library and user-interface programming.
* Uses concepts such as interfaces, inner classes, reflection, and multithreading to introduce advanced Java language concepts.
* Encourages you to master topics in object-oriented design, user-interface programming, and practical software development techniques.
* Illustrates design patterns and their application using the Swing user interface toolkit and the Java collections library.
* Introduces programming tools such as BlueJ, javadoc, and JUnit.
* Provides a crash course in Java for readers who know C++.
Other Wiley books by Cay Horstmann
Big Java, Second Edition, 0-471-70615-9
Java Concepts, Fourth Edition, 0-471-69704-4
Big C++ (with Timothy Budd), 0-471-47063-5
Computing Concepts with C++ Essentials, Third Edition, 0-471-16437-2
Cay S. Horstmann is a Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at San Jose State University. He is an experienced professional programmer and was Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for Preview Systems, Inc. He is also a consultant for major corporations, universities and organizations on C++, Java, Windows and Internet programming. Horstmann is the author of many successful professional and academic books, including Core Java (Sun Microsystems Press), with Gary Cornell, Computing Concepts with Java Essentials (John Wiley and Sons, Inc.), Big Java (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), and Computing Concepts with C++ Essentials (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.).