Object-Oriented Methodsby James Martin, James J. Odell
This is an essential guide to understanding object orientation using the new Unified Modeling Language (UML). James Odell and James Martin build a foundation that can be used to communicate with others using the new UML standard. Furthermore, they explain precisely how to build UML models based on ideas that are fundamental to human thinking-not just program-language specification. Finally, they show how their object-oriented foundation can be used to generate fully executable programs as well as to model and reengineer business processes and to integrate virtually any new technology.
Object-Oriented Methods: A Foundation, UML Edition brings together all the basic ideas needed to specify any system, presenting a formally based foundation that can be understood by both "real-world" developers and formalists. It includes extensive examples and review questions and reflects recent work by the OMG's Object Analysis and Design Task Force. Based on the UML meta-model and notation, Odell and Martin:
- Present the fundamental concepts of object orientation using the UML model and notation.
- Provide a sound approach to modeling systems that is completely independent of programming considerations.
- Clarify how to conceptualize system requirements using an OO approach that leads to sound design and programming efforts.
- Show how an OO approach encourages serial, concurrent, and synchronized processing specification and incorporates event-driven and component-based technology.
- Demonstrate how to develop systems that evolve with future changes in technology.
- Identify powerful ways to reflect-and extend-OO concepts in the enterprise repository and data warehouse.
Shows how OO can organize and interconnect many other systems approaches, including business rules, logic, functions, neural nets, SQL, and client-server.
With exceptional insight and clarity, Object-Oriented Methods: A Foundation, UML Edition presents the best available approach to developing systems today-and planning for tomorrow.
JAMES MARTIN SEMINARS are presented directly by James Martin + Co., 3050 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 600, Fairfax, VA 22030, U.S.A. Tel: 800-248-4562.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.35(w) x 9.62(h) x 0.88(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >