Objective-C Programmer's Referenceby Carlos Oliveira
Objective-C Programmer's Reference provides the tools necessary to write software in Objective-C—the language of choice for developing iOS and OS X applications. Author Carlos Oliveira begins from the basic building blocks of the language. He shows how to create correct and efficient applications by applying your knowledge of object-oriented and/em>… See more details below
Objective-C Programmer's Reference provides the tools necessary to write software in Objective-C—the language of choice for developing iOS and OS X applications. Author Carlos Oliveira begins from the basic building blocks of the language. He shows how to create correct and efficient applications by applying your knowledge of object-oriented and structured programming. This book:
- Takes you quickly through fundamental concepts such as interfaces and class implementations.
- Provides a concise reference to the Foundation Framework that is all-important when programming in Objective-C.
- Highlights key differences between Objective-C and other popular languages such as Java or Python.
- Provides the fundamentals of Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, which are the standard for OS X and iOS development.
Objective-C Programmer's Reference is a book for professional developers in Objective-C, or those who are moving to Objective-C from other languages. The book is written for readers who lack the time to invest in more traditional books, which usually spend hundreds of pages to explain concepts that are part of the working programmer’s standard vocabulary.What youll learn
- Grasp the basic syntax of the Objective-C language.
- Create classes and methods in Objective-C.
- Apply Objective-Cs message-passing mechanism to simplify your code and avoid deep class hierarchies.
- Store and access dynamic data through Objective-Cs built-in, key-value system.
- Make effective use of container classes such as arrays and dictionaries with their immutable and mutable versions.
- Create simple applications for iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, and other iOS and Mac OS X devices.
Objective-C Programmer's Reference is for programmers in Objective-C who are looking for a handy reference to keep them on top of their game. The book is also designed for programmers moving to Objective-C from some other language, especially from another C-like language such as Java or C#, providing just that additional bit that is needed to transfer their expertise into Objective-C and get a leg up on creating applications for the iOS and OS X platforms underlying Apples hugely successful devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and Macbook.Table of ContentsPart I: The Language
1. The C in Objective-C
3. Strings and Container Classes
4. Protocols and Categories
6. Block Syntax
7. Dynamic Binding
8. Memory Management
9. Key-Value Programming
10. The Filesystem
Part II: Reference
11. The Foundation Framework
Part III: The Tools
12. The Compiler
13. The Preprocessor
14. Unit Test
Part IV: Writing Apps for OS X and iOS
16. Cocoa Framework Example
17. Cocoa Touch Example
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >