- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Office Procedures for the 21st Century, Seventh Edition offers a desirable blend of procedural skills and soft skillsand continues to be a market leader. Because of its relevant approach and proven system, it prepares readers for employment in today's office environment and addresses the skills, strategies, and techniques needed to excel in any organization. This edition features an increased coverage of communication and human relations and offers more on ethics, technology and productivity. A new chapter on developing effective oral presentations is included.
Comprehensive treatment of office procedural skills includes relevant and timely topics. Provides an early focus on the employment process and helps develop readers’ interviewing and resume writing abilities. Addresses technology through its use of references to the Internet, MS Office, Quick Tips and technology tips. Includes information on how to plan a presentation, organize content, deliver the message and use multimedia effectively. Discusses special topics such as how to deal with nervousness, ethics and speaking and speaking to diverse audiences. Includes more coverage of effective communications skills related to teamwork and collaboration. Helps readers think critically about an ethical dilemma or difficult situation related to an office environment.
For office professionals.
1. Understanding the Changing and Challenging Office
2. Human Relations
3. Preparing Your Job Search
4. Managing Your Work, Time, and Other Resources
5. Communicating by Telephone
6. Building Communications Skills
7. Processing Mail
8. Records Management
9. Handling Financial procedures
10. Scheduling Appointments and Receiving Visitors
11. Making Travel Arrangements
12. Planning Meetings and Conferences
13. Developing Effective Oral Presentations
14. Preparing to Meet Challenges
Additional Online Chapters available at www.prenhall.com/burton
15. Working in a Medical Office
16. Working in a Legal Office