Peter Weverka is the author of Word 2000 For Windows For Dummies Quick Reference and Microsoft Money 99 For Dummies, as well as 16 other computer books. He is also the editor of 80 computer books on topics ranging from the Internet to desktop publishing. His humorous articles and stories (none related to computers, thankfully) have appeared in Harper's and SPY.
Office XP 9 in 1 Desk Reference For Dummiesby Greg Harvey, Peter Weverka, John Walkenbach, Alison Barrows
Microsoft Office is a powerful bundle of software: You can write a report, make a spreadsheet, design a database, organize a presentation, create a Web page, and do much, much more. The interface now includes something known as the task pane, a mini-window where you can search for files, import clip art, and perform other tasks as well. You can use foreign-language text and even make translations. You can create Web pages much more easily, and trading data between Office programs now goes more smoothly. You find common tools all across the board in the Office programs.
Office XP 9 in 1 Desk Reference For Dummies serves as a reference for all the great things (and maybe a few not-so-great things) that you may need to know when using Windows or any of the Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, FrontPage, and Publisher. This book shows you how to get up and running fast so that you have more time to do the things that you really want to do, such as
- Creating awesome documents and spreadsheets
- Building dependable databases
- Putting together engaging, attention-commanding presentations
- Getting your e-mail and schedule in order
- Pumping out professional-looking brochures and Web pages
Each of the nine minibooks in this indispensable resource includes a Contents at a Glance section and its own index. Expect to explore
- Windows 98 and Windows Me – from taskbars to toolbars, dialog boxes to menus
- The powerful Word 2002 word-processing program
- Excel 2002, the spreadsheet wonder
- Databases galore with Access 2002
- Communication and calendar-keeping possibilities with Outlook
- PowerPoint 2002, your pal for presentations
- Web page creation with FrontPage 2002
- Desktop publishing made fun and simple via Publisher 2002
- Common Office techniques that you can use in all or most of the programs
If your goal is to get stuff done without giving away hours of your time (and large portions of your patience), Office XP 9 in 1 Desk Reference For Dummies is all you'll need to work magic with Microsoft's powerful bundle of software products.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >