- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Old and Middle English Poetry gathers together the essential texts from the earliest writings in the vernacular up to the time of Chaucer.
Series Editor's Preface.
1. From The Exeter Book:.
The Wife's Lament.
From The Vercelli Book.
The Dream of the Rood.
The Battle of Maldon.
2. From The Beowulf-Manuscript:.
3. From Beowulf (extract, X-XVIII):.
4. From London, British Library, Cotton Caligula A.IX:.
The Owl and the Nightingale.
5. From The Auchinleck Manuscript:.
5. From London, British Library, Harley 2253:.
An Old Man's Prayer.
I Syke when Y Singe.
Richard Rolle (c.1290-1349).
Song of Love.
Wynnere and Wastoure.
Index of titles and first lines.