Olds’ Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women’s Health Across the Lifespan, 8th Edition
· Chapter Openers refer you to the related textbook chapters.
· Essay, fill-in-the-blank, matching, and short answer questions help you learn and assimilate key concepts about essential information in the text.
· Critical Thinking in Practice sections guide you through the decision-making process for the clinical data presented.
· Critical Thinking Challenge exercises ask you to prioritize nursing actions.
· Nursing Care Plan in Action exercises use case studies to prepare you for clinical experiences.
· Role-play exercises help you practice your skills to help you succeed in clinical.
· Reflections sections challenge you to consider your clinical experiences in light of the chapter topic.
· Memory Check asks you about abbreviations used in connection with the chapter topic.
· Explore MediaLink to bridge the gap between the Prentice Hall Nursing MediaLink DVD-ROM and Companion Website (www.prenhall.com/davidson) that accompany the textbook. Look here for references to animations, videos, nursing tools, and other media resources that will help you master chapter content.
· Answers and rationales in the Appendix provide immediate reinforcement and permit you to check the accuracy of your work.
Additional Tools to Complement Learning Include:
Clinical Handbook for Olds’ Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women’s Health Across the Lifespan (ISBN 0-13-232441-5). This handbook serves as a portable, quick reference to maternal-newborn nursing care for students. Covering pregnancy through the postpartum and newborn stages, it allows students to take the information they learn from class into any clinical setting.
For Additional Resources go to www.MyPearsonStore.com
NLN Practice Tests — Prentice Hall and the National League for Nursing are pleased to offer you unique practice tests that correlate directly to your Prentice Hall Nursing textbooks. Each test is a comprehensive examination intended for students who have completed their course work and provides feedback regarding comprehension of the course content.
VangoNotes are downloadable audio study guides that can be used for exam preparation and concept review. Just download and go!
MyNursingLab is a user-friendly site that gives you the opportunity to test yourself on key concepts and skills in maternal-newborn and women’s health nursing. By using MyNursingLab, you can track your own progress through the course and use customized, media-rich, study plan activities to help achieve success in the classroom, in clinical, and ultimately on the NCLEX-RN®.
Pearson Logo Prentice Hall Health ISBN: 0-13-188938-9