The Omaha System: A Key to Practice, Documentation, and Information Management / Edition 2by Karen S. Martin
The Omaha System is a comprehensive, research-based classification system designed for use in diverse community, case management, long-term care, and educational settings to enhance health care practice, documentation, and information management. Consisting of three interrelated components - the Problem Classification Scheme, the Intervention Scheme, and the… See more details below
The Omaha System is a comprehensive, research-based classification system designed for use in diverse community, case management, long-term care, and educational settings to enhance health care practice, documentation, and information management. Consisting of three interrelated components - the Problem Classification Scheme, the Intervention Scheme, and the Problem Rating Scale for Outcomes - it provides a structure to document client needs and strengths, describe practitioner interventions, and measure client outcomes. The 2nd edition of this practical resource describes how to use the revised version of the Omaha System in practice, education, and research - including the latest modifications to terms, definitions, and codes. It replaces two previous Omaha System publications.
• Detailed guidelines, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, help users understand and apply the system in practice.
• Steps for implementation are described, as well as how to use the Omaha System as part of an automated documentation system.
• All Omaha System research is summarized.
• Suggestions for pathways and analyzing clinical data are offered.
• Guidelines are provided for integrating the system into an educational curriculum.
• Client problems from the Problem Classification Scheme frequently associated with selected conditions, medical diagnoses, and treatments assist in using the Omaha System with medical diagnoses and other assessment methods.
• An expanded User's Guide helps both new and experienced users work with the system more efficiently.
• 18 detailed case studies demonstrate real-life clinical applications of the system with individuals, families, and communities.
• Illustrations, screen shots, and sample forms explain and demonstrate use of the system in various settings.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.64(w) x 8.58(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of Contents
Section I: Using the Omaha System
1. The Past, Present, and Future of the Omaha System
2. How to Use the Omaha System
3. Use of the Omaha System in Practice
4. Use of the Omaha System in Education
5. Use of the Omaha System in Research
6. Use of Information Technology with the Omaha System
Section II: User’s Guide to the Omaha System
A. The Omaha System
B. Case Studies
C. Client Problems Frequently Associated with Selected Conditions, Medical Diagnoses, and Treatments
D. Omaha System Revision Process
E. Omaha System Codes
F. Omaha System Survey
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >