On High Performance Organizations: A Leader to Leader Guide / Edition 1by Frances Hesselbein, Rob Johnston, Hesselbein
Pub. Date: 03/22/2002
On High-Performance Organizations presents the best leadership thinking on creating strategic advantage and passion-driven organizations. Part of the Leader to Leader Guides, which offer a wellspring of rich insight and information from top leadership thinkers, it provides readers with the tools for helping their organizations excel in effectiveness, sustaining… See more details below
On High-Performance Organizations presents the best leadership thinking on creating strategic advantage and passion-driven organizations. Part of the Leader to Leader Guides, which offer a wellspring of rich insight and information from top leadership thinkers, it provides readers with the tools for helping their organizations excel in effectiveness, sustaining growth, and strategy.
Drawn from Leader to Leader the award-winning journal, On High- Performance Organizations brings together Karl Weick, Frances Hesselbein, Scott Adams, Philip Kotler, James O'Toole and other thought leaders to offer practical guidance for those who seek to lead their organizations to high performance. This essential volume offers leaders a roadmap for organizational success by revealing how leaders employ people with a diversity of experience and opinion, support efforts to anticipate and embrace change, build productive work communities, and disperse leadership responsibility.
Each of the four volumes in the Leader to Leader Guides On Mission and Leadership, On Leading Change, On High-Performance Organizations, and On Creativity, Innovation, and Renewal is organized around an essential topic with a diversity of views presented in clear, short chapters. These essential collections provide leaders with insight and inspiration to take their organizations to new levels of excellence.
- Publication date:
- J-B Leader to Leader Institute/PF Drucker Foundation Series, #70
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.00(w) x 6.00(h) x 0.45(d)
Table of Contents
About the Editors.
1. Putting One's House in Order (Frances Hesselbein).
2. High Reliability: The Power of Mindfulness (Karl Weick and Kathleen Sutcliffe, with David Obstfeld).
3. The Marketing of Leadership (Philip Kotler).
4. The View from a Cubicle (An Interview with Scott Adams).
5. Economically Correct Leadership (James O'Toole, Bruce Pasternack, and Jeffrey W. Bennett).
6. Laws of the Jungle and the New Laws of Business (Richard Tanner Pascale).
7. Better Than Plan: Managing Beyond the Budget (Douglas K. Smith).
8. An Alternative to Hierarchy (Gifford Pinchot).
9. A Passion for the Business (An Interview with Jacques Nasser).
10. Strategic Generosity (Leonard L. Berry).
11. Creating Your Next Business Model (Adrian Slywotzky).
12. Principles for Partnership (James E. Austin).
13. Leadership in a Virtual World (Deborah L. Duarte and Nancy Tennant Snyder).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >