Online Dispute Resolution for Business: For E-Commerce, B2B, Consumer, Employment, Insurance, and Other Commercial Conflicts / Edition 1by Colin Rule
Pub. Date: 09/01/2002
In the past twenty years there has been rapid advances in information technology as well as tremendous growth in the field of dispute resolution. These two developments have led to the development of a powerful new tool for business called online dispute resolution (ODR). ODR is more than just an effective solution to many of the vexing business challenges raised… See more details below
In the past twenty years there has been rapid advances in information technology as well as tremendous growth in the field of dispute resolution. These two developments have led to the development of a powerful new tool for business called online dispute resolution (ODR). ODR is more than just an effective solution to many of the vexing business challenges raised by the growth of the Internet. Online dispute resolution may soon become an essential component of all business interactions, both online and offline.
Online Dispute Resolution for Business is the first resource for professionals who want to leverage the power of ODR in their business relationships. Written by Colin Rule a pioneer in the ODR field Online Dispute Resolution for Business offers expert analysis of how ODR works, as well as a clear explanation of its advantages in a variety of business situations. Based on exclusive research and hands-on experience, the book provides up-to-date best practices, as well as feedback on ODR tools and platforms from the perspective of both users and dispute resolution practitioners.
This is guidebook analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of ODR in a wide range of business applications, including e-commerce (both business-to-business and business-to-consumer), insurance claims, employment and workplace disputes, privacy conflicts, and many other settings. The author also shows how ODR can be applied to address transboundary matters, online-only conflicts, and complex multi-party public disputes.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.18(w) x 9.42(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: What Is ODR?
2. How ODR Works.
3. Advantages of ODR.
Part II: ODR and Business.
4. ODR: Essential to E-Commerce.
5. Providing Online Redress: ODR and B2C E-Commerce.
6. A Well-Lighted Place: ODR and B2B E-Commerce.
7. Maximizing Efficiency:How ODR Can Help the Insurance Industry.
8. ODR and Employment: Resolving Workplace Disputes Online.
9. Electronic Democracy: ODR and Government.
10. Confidentiality and Privacy:Health Care and Finance.
11. Building a Global Justice System: ODR and Transboundary Disputes.
12. Other Applications of ODR.
Part III: Designing Effective ODR for Business: Envisioning the Fourth Party.
13. Key Considerations: Designing ODR for People, Not Machines.
14. Designing the Platform: Technology.
15. Defining the Process: Setting Standards of Practice.
16. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
About the Author.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >