Open Minds to Equality : A Sourcebook of Learning Activities to Affirm Diversity and Promote Equity / Edition 3by Nancy Schniedewind
Pub. Date: 10/01/2006
Publisher: Rethinking Schools, Limited
The new third edition of Open Minds to Equality is an educator's sourcebook of activities to help students understand and change inequalities based on race, gender, class, age, language, sexual orientation, physical/mental ability, and religion. The activities also promote respect for diversity and interpersonal equality among students, fostering a classroom that is participatory, cooperative, and democratic. An essential resource for teachers, leaders in professional development, and curriculum specialists.
• Ready-to-implement learning activities in both traditional and interdisciplinary curriculum areas.
• An inclusive framework for thinking about diversity and responding practically to various forms of difference in classrooms.
• A variety of lesson styles including role plays, case studies, dilemma stories, cooperative learning activities, interviews, data analysis, and creative and expository writing.
• Sequenced activities to build awareness and understanding.
• An engaging, readable format with helpful instructions.
- Rethinking Schools, Limited
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >