- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Operational communication is the study and design of communication procedures and practice for agencies responsible for the control, protection, transport, etc. of large numbers of people, vehicles, and goods in a public arena. Much attention has been paid to the technological aspects, but not enough to the practices of those using the technology. Thisbook is the first general introduction to the field.
Part 1: OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATION THEORY AND PRACTICE
• What is Operational Communication?
• Why Study Operational Communication?
• Describing Communication Practice
• Planning Communication Practice
• Implementing Controls on Communicative Practice
• Operational Communication Research and Applied Linguistics
• Part 2: PROJECTS (COMPLETED AND ON-GOING)
• Communication and the Sea: Seaspeak and Vessel Traffic Control
• Communication in the Air: Air Traffic Control
• Police Radio Procedures: Policespeak
• Communication Between Agencies
• Communicating with the Public: Call-handling by a Police Force