Operations Management / Edition 5by Nigel Slack, Stuart Chambers, Robert Johnston
Pub. Date: 04/20/2007
Publisher: Prentice Hall
it covers ideas relevant to most types of operation and its use of
This text is written to provide a path through the activities of operations management and an understanding of the strategic context in which operations managers work. It looks at the manager's contribution to long term successes, explains why operations managers take decisions in each area
it covers ideas relevant to most types of operation and its use of materials and examples is international in scope.
Lecturer's support material is available from the publisher free of charge.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 10.40(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
2. The Strategic Role and Objectives of Operations.
3. Operations Strategy.
5. The Design of Products and Services.
6. Design of the Operations Network.
7. Layout and Flow.
8. Process Technology.
9. Job Design and Work Organization.
III. PLANNING AND CONTROL.
11. Capacity Planning and Control.
12. Inventory Planning and Control.
13. Supply Chain Planning and Control.
15. Just-in-Time Planning and Control.
16. Project Planning and Control.
17. Quality Planning and Control.
19. Failure Prevention and Recovery.
20. Total Quality Management.
V. THE OPERATIONS CHALLENGE.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >