Operations Research : An Introduction / Edition 6by Hamdy A. Taha
Pub. Date: 12/27/1996
Publisher: Pearson Education
The sixth edition of Operations Research: An Introduction continues to provide readers with a balanced presentation of the theory, applications and computations of operations research. KEY TOPICS: The book uses case studies, accompanying software, and comprehensive exercises to explain the basics of operations research techniques. It includes much new material: Floyd's Shortest Route Algorithm, Goal Programming, Analytic Hierarchy Approach, Review of Probability, Probabilistic DP, Simulation Modeling, as well as updated versions of TORA software and the simulation language SIMNET II. A valuable reference book for professionals in a variety of fields, including Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Statistics, Computer Science, and Mathematics.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.23(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.64(d)
Table of Contents1. Overview of Operations Research.
I. DETERMINISTIC MODELS.
2. Introduction to Linear Programming
3. The Simplex Method
4. Duality and Sensitivity Analysis
5. Transportation Model and Its Variants
6. Network Models
7. Advanced Linear Programming
8. Goal Programming
9. Integer Linear Programming
10. Deterministic Dynamic Programming
11. Deterministic Inventory Models.
II. PROBABILISTIC MODELS.
12. Review of Basic Probability
13. Forecasting Models
14. Decision Analysis and Games
15. Probabilistic Dynamic Programming
16. Probabilistic Inventory Models
17. Queueing Systems
18. Simulation Modeling
19. Markovian Decision Process.
III. NONLINEAR MODELS.
20. Classical Optimization Theory
21. Nonlinear Programming Algorithms
Appendix A: Review of Matrix Algebra
Appendix B: Introduction to Simnet II
Appendix C: Tora and Simnet II Installation and Execution
Appendix D: Statistical Tables
Appendix E: Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems
and post it to your social network