Oracle8i Backup & Recoveryby Rama Velpuri, George Williams (Joint Author), Anand Adkoli (Joint Author)
Protect Your Company's Data from System Failure Back up your organization's data and implement proactive measures without compromising the availability of your mission-critical systems. This Oracle
Includes information that every Oracle administrator and programmer must know to maximize uptime and recover data without compromising mission critical systems.
Protect Your Company's Data from System Failure Back up your organization's data and implement proactive measures without compromising the availability of your mission-critical systems. This Oracle authorized guide explains in detail how to implement the new features of Oracle8i to maintain 24x7 database uptime - and protect data. Inside,you'll find complete details on Oracle8i architecture,physical and logical backup techniques,recovery and replication methods,and diagnostic practices. You'll also learn from real-world case studies. Planning and testing backup procedures for your Oracle database is the only insurance you have to protect your data in the event of system failure - this book shows you how to implement a solid backup and recovery plan.
- Get details on Oracle8i architecture and configuration
- Archive online redo log files to multiple destinations
- Implement physical and logical backups
- Use Oracle8i's new import and export utilities
- Deploy backup scripts in Microsoft Windows NT,UNIX,and OpenVMS environments
- Ensure continuous data availability using replication methods
- Create a hot standby database
- Pinpoint database corruption and recover data using the DBMS_REPAIR package
- Take advantage of the new Fast-Start recovery feature
- Monitor,diagnose,and maintain your database using the Oracle Diagnostics pack
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews