Maintain a robust,mission-critical Oracle8i databasethe most manageable Web-enabled enterprise database system available.
The Essential Resource on Administering and Managing Oracle 8i.
Maintain a robust,mission-critical Oracle8i databasethe most manageable Web-enabled enterprise database system available. Oracle8i DBA Handbook provides high-end administrative solutions for the day-to-day DBA. Inside,you'll learn to set up a database for maximum efficiency,monitor it,tune it,and maintain its security. The book also explains in detail how to use Oracle's distributed database and its client/server,Oracle8i,and all of its revolutionary new Web-based features.
This authoritative resource contains the most up-to-date information available on Oracle's latest release and shows you how to:
- Configure database architecture,including hardware and physical layout
- Manage the development process
- Support Oracle tools and packages,including Oracle Financials,Oracle Designer,and other utilities
- Handle database tuning,troubleshooting,backup,and recovery
- Implement SQL*Net V2 and Net8
- Manage distributed databases and configure client/server and Web-based environments
Ideal for new and experienced DBAs alike,Oracle8i DBA Handbook is the must-have resource on creating and administering a high-performance Oracle8i database for Internet computing.