Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets / Edition 2by A. Omar Abubaker, Kenneth J. Benson
Pub. Date: 02/12/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Written in the question-and-answer style of the successful The Secrets Series®, the latest edition of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets presents all of the most current clinical aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including maxillofacial trauma, diagnosis of salivary gland disease, cysts and tumors, postoperative care, cleft lip and palate, oral and… See more details below
Written in the question-and-answer style of the successful The Secrets Series®, the latest edition of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets presents all of the most current clinical aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including maxillofacial trauma, diagnosis of salivary gland disease, cysts and tumors, postoperative care, cleft lip and palate, oral and maxillofacial reconstruction, laser surgery, facial alloplastic implants, sleep apnea, and much, much more. The new edition has been completely updated by a diverse and distinguished group of contributors, and reflects recent advances in the field.
- Concise answers that include the author's pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets."
- Includes bulleted lists, algorithms, tables, and illustrations for quick review.
- 44 succinct chapters written by experts in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- All of the most important "need-to-know" questions and answers in the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®.
- Mnemonics memory aids used throughout the text give readers an easy way to recall important symptoms or treatment regimens.
- Thorough, highly detailed Index provides quick access to specific facts.
- Appeals to both students and practicing professionals as a quick reference.
- Thorough and complete updating of all clinical information
- New illustration package.
Table of ContentsI. PATIENT EVALUATION
1. History and Physical Examination
2. ECG Interpretation
3. Laboratory Tests
4. Diagnostic Imaging for the Oral and Maxillofacial Regions
5. Local Anesthetics
6. Intravenous Sedation and Anesthetic Agents
7. Inhalational Anesthesia
III. POSTOPERATIVE CARE
8. Fluid and Electrolyte Management
9. Nutritional Support
10. Postoperative Complications
IV. MANAGEMENT OF MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
11. Basic Life Support
12. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
13. Advanced Trauma Life Support
14. Cricothyrotomy and Tracheostomy
15. Malignant Hyperthermia
V. MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS IN THE MEDICALLY COMPROMISED PATIENT
16. Management of Surgical Patients with Cardiovascular Diseases
17. Respiratory Disorders
19. Liver Diseases
20. Renal Diseases
21. Endocrine Diseases
22. Management of the Diabetic Patient
23. The Immunocompromised Surgical Patient
24. Management Considerations in the Joint Replacement Patient
VI. MANAGEMENT OF THE ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY PATIENT
25. Applied Orofacial Anatomy
26. Dentoalveolar Surgery
27. Diagnosis and Management of Trigeminal Nerve Injury
28. Maxillofacial Trauma
29. Odontogenic Infections
30. Temporomandibular Joint Anatomy, Pathophysiology, and Surgical Treatment
31. Temporomandibular Disorders and Facial Pain: Biochemical and Biomechanical Basis
32. Diagnosis and Management of Dentofacial Abnormalities
33. Cleft Lip and Palate
34. Diagnosis of Salivary Gland Disease
35. Oral and Maxillofacial Cysts and Tumors
36. Neoplasms of the Oral Cavity
37. Lasers in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
38. Management of the Patient Irradiated for Head or Neck Cancer
39. Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstruction
40. Facial Aesthetic Surgery
41. Dental Implants
42. Preprosthetic Surgery
43. Sleep Apnea and Snoring
44. Facial Alloplastic Implants: Biomaterials and Surgical Implementation
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >