Oral and Maxillofacial Traumaby Raymond J. Fonseca, H. Dexter Barber, Michael P. Powers, David E. Frost
Describing the diagnosis and management of maxillofacial and associated traumatic injuries step by step, Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma, 4th Edition takes you beyond the surgical management of head and neck trauma to cover the general management of traumatic injuries, systemic evaluation of the trauma patient, and special considerations associated with/b>
Describing the diagnosis and management of maxillofacial and associated traumatic injuries step by step, Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma, 4th Edition takes you beyond the surgical management of head and neck trauma to cover the general management of traumatic injuries, systemic evaluation of the trauma patient, and special considerations associated with maxillofacial trauma patient care. New to this edition are over 700 full-color illustrations showing details of traumatic injuries and their treatment. Edited by head and neck trauma expert Dr. Raymond J. Fonseca, along with over 80 highly respected contributors, this comprehensive reference provides all of the information you need to offer the best care possible to maxillofacial trauma patients.
• One-of-a-kind, comprehensive chapters cover current research literature with topics including advances in maxillofacial trauma surgery, nonpenetrating chest trauma, metabolic response to trauma, maxillofacial prosthetics, and the societal impact of maxillofacial trauma.
• Coverage of emerging topics includes firearm injuries, neurologic injuries (the leading cause of death from trauma), wound healing, airway management, shock, and nasal fractures, so you can work confidently with team members from other disciplines such as neurologists, anesthesiologists, and orthopedists.
• Over 80 expert contributors represent the specialties of oral and maxillofacial surgery, anesthesiology, and otolaryngology.
• UPDATED content reflects current thinking and the latest techniques in the management of traumatic injuries.
• NEW full-color illustrations and design highlight clinical areas and show details of injuries and their treatment.
• NEW! Streamlined, single-volume format makes information easier to access and the book easier to carry.
Description: This is an excellent updated reference text on oral and maxillofacial trauma. The book is a two-volume second edition, which is extremely detailed.
Purpose: The purpose of this text is to provide a new revised book on the constantly changing world of oral and maxillofacial trauma.
Audience: The primary audience is the practitioner treating trauma in the oral and maxillofacial region. The secondary audience should be residents training to treat this same region.
Features: This book has many unique features. There are numerous color photographs and diagrams. The table of contents was organized in a good, orderly fashion.
Assessment: This is an excellent updated version of the original two-volume text. I think it should be an essential part of all treating practitioners' libraries. The topic of oral and maxillofacial trauma is covered in a very detailed manner.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.70(d)
Meet the Author
Private Practice, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Asheville; Clinical Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Chairman, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, UMDNJ-NJ Dental School, Newark, NJ
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >