Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist / Edition 4by Olga A. C. Ibsen, Joan Andersen Phelan
Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygiene is a text that focuses on the topics typically taught in the dental hygiene curriculum, setting this text apart from all other oral pathology texts. It presents the necessary information in a clear, simple manner. Based on suggestions from reviewers of past editions, this book features more user-friendly chapters that have been… See more details below
Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygiene is a text that focuses on the topics typically taught in the dental hygiene curriculum, setting this text apart from all other oral pathology texts. It presents the necessary information in a clear, simple manner. Based on suggestions from reviewers of past editions, this book features more user-friendly chapters that have been reorganized to be more efficient and concise, in addition to flowing in a more logical order. It provides readers of varying skill and experience levels with the information necessary to understand, recognize, and evaluate pathologic conditions and diseases likely to be encountered. Full-color, atlas-style text provides the perfect format for a subject requiring so much visual instruction. Clinical photographs, radiographs, and color photomicrographs showcase the diseases and conditions dental hygienists will most likely encounter and treat in practice, as well as helping them learn to identify the appearance of disease formations at the skeletal and cellular levels. Review questions at the end of each chapter help prepare students for taking the national exam and four clinical practicing hygienists.
• Extraordinary illustrations provide the visual documentation needed to identify and further understand the abnormalities in the oral cavity and their effects.
• Well-known and highly regarded, the Olga Ibsen and Joan Phelan team brings credibility and expertise to this text.
• Easy-to-read synopses of diseases and their characteristics appear at the end of the chapters and allow the reader to review critical information in an organized, concise format.
• Focused presentation of material only covers issues that directly affect the dental hygienist role in oral health, taking the guesswork out of determining what facts are pertinent to the practitioner's needs and making it the perfect text for DH oral pathology courses.
• Vocabulary and definitions displayed at the beginning of each chapter help the reader better comprehend the text and grasp the meaning of various terms within the context of discussion.
• Learning objectives present a guide to the expectations and what will be learned in each chapter.
• Review questions help readers evaluate their knowledge of chapter materials, and answers located at the back of the book give immediate feedback, making it easy to refer back for further study.
• A full glossary provides easy access to the information they need about a new term without having to search through the chapter in which the term is located.
• A new student CD-ROM gives students the opportunity to work through case studies from illustrations in the text.
• All photomicrographs and line illustrations are in full color, better enabling identification of cellular structure and key points in the images.
• References have been thoroughly updated to produce the most current material available.
• A for-sale image collection of CD-ROM for instructors enables them to incorporate hard-to-find clinical photos into their lectures and exams.
• Evolve site with instructors' materials.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.18(h) x 0.67(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Preliminary Diagnosis of Oral Lesions
2. Inflammation and Repair
4. Infectious Diseases
5. Developmental Disorders
8. Non-Neoplastic Diseases of Bone
9. Oral Manifestations of Systematic Diseases
10. Diseases Affecting the Temporomandibular Joint
Answers to Review Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >