- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chicago, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Full color for the first time! Thoroughly revised and updated to reflect new advances in knowledge, this popular resource presents a practical approach to over 350 diseases of the oral mucosa, and jaws. It offers detailed guidance on etiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, histopathology, differential diagnosis, and treatment, as well as discussions of molecular disease mechanisms, the etiology of oral cancer, and common skin diseases. A clinical overview outlines the clinical aspects of each disease discussed in the main body of the text, including its features, cause, significance, location, patient age, and radiographic appearance - making this book ideal as a quick chairside reference. Important pathologic concepts are illustrated with more than 920 high-quality clinical images, photomicrographs, and diagrams.
• New contributors and a new main author bring years of credibility and experience in various fields of pathology and oral medicine to the book.
• The Clinical Overview presents disease characteristics with full-color clinical photographs for rapid chairside identification of oral lesions.
• Up-to-date references for further reading are presented in bibliographies at the end of each chapter direct readers to additional literature for more information on each topic.
• Nearly every disease presented is illustrated with high-quality, full-color clinical photos, radiographs, and histopathological images.
• Content outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow quick reference of specific topics.
• Each chapter is consistently organized with a clinical orientation for easy reading, reference, and aid in differential diagnosis.
• Organization according to clinical presentation rather than disease etiology makes it very practical for use in the clinical setting.
• Correlations of clinical and radiographic findings with microscopy provide an in-depth understanding of oral diseases.
• Current concepts on disease etiology and treatment are emphasized.
• Full-color images of nearly every disease discussed facilitate effective learning and easy identification of intraoral lesions.
• An accompanying CD-ROM showcases an impressive electronic image collection, containing full-color photomicrographs, a 680-question test bank, and 30 illustrated case studies that feature clinical histories, photographs, and photomicrographs.
• The Clinical Overview section has been reorganized for quick reference as a pictorial guide to lesions that patients often present with.
• A brand-new chapter on Advanced Diagnostic Methods in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology provides current information on cutting-edge diagnostic methods.
• Each chapter has been extensively revised, making this almost an entirely "new" text that reflects the most current concepts and methodology in oral and maxillofacial pathology.
With 6 expert contributors.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Chapter 1 Vesiculo-Bullous Diseases
Chapter 2 Ulcerative Conditions
Chapter 3 White Lesions
Chapter 4 Red-Blue Lesions
Chapter 5 Pigmented Lesions
Chapter 6 Verrucal-Papillary Lesions
Chapter 7 Connective Tissue Lesions
Chapter 8 Salivary Gland Diseases
Chapter 9 Lymphoid Lesions
Chapter 10 Cysts of the Jaws and Neck
Chapter 11 Odontogenic Tumors
Chapter 12 Benign Nonodontogenic Tumors
Chapter 13 Inflammatory Jaw Lesions
Chapter 14 Malignancies of the Jaws
Chapter 15 Metabolic and Genetic Diseases
Chapter 16 Abnormalities of Teeth
Chapter 17 Common Skin Lesions of the Head and Neck
Chapter 18 Advanced Diagnostic Methods in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology