Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation / Edition 4by Stuart C. White, Michael J. Pharoah
Fully revised and updated, ORAL RADIOLOGY: Principles and Interpretation continues as a well-illustrated, leading source of imaging information for dental students and professionals. Its strengths include a straightforward logical organization, over 1000 high-quality illustrations, specialized imaging techniques such as MRI and CT, and a comprehensive… See more details below
Fully revised and updated, ORAL RADIOLOGY: Principles and Interpretation continues as a well-illustrated, leading source of imaging information for dental students and professionals. Its strengths include a straightforward logical organization, over 1000 high-quality illustrations, specialized imaging techniques such as MRI and CT, and a comprehensive discussion of radiographic interpretation and pathologic conditions. Thirty chapters are organized into five sections , Physics of Radiation, Biological Effects of Radiation, Radiation Safety and Protection, Imaging Principles and Techniques, and Radiographic Interpretation of Pathology.
* Provides a logical and systematic approach to the interpretation of diagnostic images.
• Covers disorders of the temporomandibular joint including radiographic abnormalities, soft tissue abnormalities, arthritic conditions, articular loose bodies, trauma, and tumors.
• Covers digital radiology, digital subtraction, magnetic resonance imaging, and descriptions of tomography and computed tomography.
• Reviews and illustrates the commonly used radiographic examinations (including tomography and CT) and their indications in implant presurgical treatment planning and postsurgical follow-up.
• Features expert authors with worldwide recognition.
Spanish version also available, ISBN: 84-8174-568-5
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.71(w) x 11.12(h) x 1.31(d)
Table of Contents
Section 1 The Physics of Ionizing Radiation Ch 1 Radiation Physics Section 2 Biologic Effects of Radiation Ch 2 Radiation Biology Section 3 Radiation Safety and Protection Ch 3 Health Physics Section 4 Imaging Principles and Techniques Ch 4 X-Ray Film, Intensifying Screens, and Grids Ch 5 Projection Geometry Ch 6 Processing X-Ray Film Ch 7 Radiographic Quality Assurance and Infection Control Ch 8 Intraoral Radiographic Examinations Ch 9 Normal Radiographic Anatomy Ch 10 Extraoral Radiographic Examinations Ch 11 Panoramic Radiography Ch 12 Specialized Radiographic Techniques Ch 13 Guidelines for Prescribing Dental Radiographs Section 5 Radiographic Interpretation of Pathology Ch 14 Principles of Radiographic Interpretation Ch 15 Dental Caries Ch 16 Periodontal Diseases Ch 17 Dental Anomalies Ch 18 Infections and Inflammations of the Jaws Ch 19 Cysts of the Jaws Ch 20 Benign Tumors of the Jaws Ch 21 Malignant Diseases of the Jaws Ch 22 Diseases of Bone Manifested in the Jaws Ch 23 Systemic Diseases Manifested in the Jaws Ch 24 Disorders of the Temporomandibular Joint Ch 25 Paranasal Sinuses Ch 26 Soft Tissue Calcifications Ch 27 Trauma to Teeth and Facial Structures Ch 28 Developmental Disturbances of the Face and Jaws Ch 29 Salivary Gland Radiology Ch 30 Orofacial Implants
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >