- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Ordinary Greatness captures the essence of the expression, 'what you see often depends on what you are looking for.' This book is chock-full of examples of how leaders can revolutionize themselves, their organizations, and their performance by really 'seeing' the unlimited capacity of their people. Pam and Brian remind us that people are always the engine that drives results. This book is to be absorbed, not ...
"Ordinary Greatness captures the essence of the expression, 'what you see often depends on what you are looking for.' This book is chock-full of examples of how leaders can revolutionize themselves, their organizations, and their performance by really 'seeing' the unlimited capacity of their people. Pam and Brian remind us that people are always the engine that drives results. This book is to be absorbed, not merely read."
—Melvin F. Hall, PhD, President and CEO, Press Ganey Associates, Inc.
"Caveat lector (reader beware)! If you like your life the way it is, enjoy the road you're on, don't pick up this book. It will challenge you to reconsider your life-and give you practical tools to do so. Everyone can see the top 0.1% of great talent in the world. It requires a special way of viewing the world to see the other 99.9%. Pam and Brian have welded research with wisdom and decanted analysis with soul to give you an opportunity to understand greatness in a new light. And best of all-to see the greatest in your own life."
—Ron Crossland, former chairman, Bluepoint Leadership Development; former managing director, Tom Peters Group, Ltd.; coauthor of The Leader's Voice
"Ordinary Greatness is a powerful, practical resource for positive change. A wake-up call for leaders and readers everywhere, this groundbreaking book is packed with pointers for capturing the often-overlooked power of 'ordinary greatness.' Inspiring, relevant examples from everyday life encourage us to learn to notice and celebrate the greatness already surrounding us. Anyone who reads this book and accepts the challenges offered by Pam and Brian will become not only a better leader but a better person."
—Quint Studer, CEO and founder, Studer Group, author of Results That Last and Hardwiring Excellence
"If we seek greatness, we will find it-in a local coffee shop; in a hospital; in a school; at home; within oneself-and within Ordinary Greatness. Pam Bilbrey and Brian Jones have written a compact gem that reveals how ordinary greatness can be found, encouraged, nurtured, and celebrated. If we all stepped into our ordinary greatness as Pam and Brian suggest, we would change the world."
—Lance Secretan, PhD, founder, Secretan Center, author of Inspire!: What Great Leaders Do
Chapter 1 What Is Ordinary Greatness?
Chapter 2 Ordinary Greatness Observed.
Chapter 3 Why People Do Not See Ordinary Greatness.
Chapter 4 How Leaders Open Their Eyes to Ordinary Greatness.
Chapter 5 Characteristics of Ordinary Greatness.
Chapter 6 Creating the Context for Ordinary Greatness.
Chapter 7 Promoting Ordinary Greatness.
Chapter 8 Cultivating the Potential for Ordinary Greatness.
Chapter 9 Changing the Way You View the World.
Chapter 10 Ordinary Greatness in Challenging Times.
Appendix A Assessments.
Appendix B Questions and Answers.
For More Information.
About the Authors.
Posted August 16, 2009
Pam Bilbrey and Brian Jones do a great job of turning the tables on the usual leadership fare. They ask us to suspend our ego-driven minds and consider the people around us who practice greatness everyday while no one is looking. They are our spouses, children, coworkers, and colleagues who may be diamonds in the rough or finely polished gems who don't care who gets the credit but that their job gets done with excellence. I hioghly recommend this book. I finished it several weeks ago but still think of it everyday. I bet you will, too.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted July 31, 2009
Ordinary Greatness is an inspiring book that reminds each of us to open our eyes and recognize the everyday hero's in our life. This book is a great read for employees, leaders and individuals who want to foster ordinary greatness in others. Anyone who manages others will gain great insight on retaining employees through involvement and taking the time to value their contribution!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.