- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written by one of the world s leading researchers and teachers in organic chemistry, this book focuses on the living core of chemistry, organic synthesis. A rational treatment allows an economical presentation of both the theory and the actual procedures for synthetic pathways. Organic Reactions: Simplicity and Logic the student s and lecturer s ideal companion, provides:
* a superb overview of organic reactions
* a rigorous introduction to the underlying theoretical concepts
* insight into the logic and simplicity underpinning organic synthesis
* biographies of, and mini-essays devoted to, great scientists who have shaped chemistry and biochemistry
* examples of industrial organic chemistry
* an easy-to-read, well-written, highly illustrated text
* an essential learning tool for chemistry, biochemistry and polymer science courses
Organic Reactions: Simplicity and Logic presents a lucid introduction to organic synthesis which will appeal to students and lecturers in organic, medicinal, pharmaceutical and industrial chemistry as well as biochemistry, polymer and materials science.
Partial table of contents:
Carbonyl Group: Additions and Addition-Elimination Reactions.
Carbonyl Group: Enolization—Michael Addition.
Carbonyl Group: Aldol Condensation.
Some Solutions to the Problem of Selectivity (Chemo-, Regio-,Stereo-).
Protection and Regeneration: Cases of the Alcohol and CarbonylGroup, Inversion of Polarity.
Protection and Regeneration: Examples of the Alcohol and CarbonylGroup, Inversion of Polarity.
Building of Rings.
Functionalizations: Wittig Conversion of Carbonyl Compounds toOlefins.
Synthons: Donor Synthons.