- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Appropriate for courses in Organization Development, this new edition explores the improvement of organizations through planned, systematic, long-range efforts focused on the organization's culture and its human and social processes. The authors present a concise and comprehensive exposition of the theory, practice, and research related to organization development. The Sixth Edition reflects the most recent developments, advances and expansions, and research in the area of OD. KEY TOPICS: Adds and updates new material to provide the most current information available. Strengthens coverage by adding new interventions and new material. Offers a more lively tone and writing style. Emphasizes the everchanging paradigms in OD theory and describes several new and important interventions in considerable detail. Sets discussions in the rapidly-evolving contexts of globalization, intensified competition and collaboration, Total Quality Management (TQM) and large-scale organizational change. Provides excellent coverage of the organization and its dynamics for managers and professionals.
I. AN INTRODUCTION TO ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT.
1. The Field of Organization Development.
2. Definitions of Organization Development.
3. A History of Organization Development.
4. Values, Assumptions, and Beliefs in OD.
II. THEORY AND MANAGEMENT OF OD.
5. Foundations of Organization Development.
6. Managing the OD Process.
7. Action Research and Organization Development.
III. OD INTERVENTIONS.
8. An Overview of OD Interventions.
9. Team Interventions.
10. Intergroup and Third-Party Peacemaking Interventions.
11. Comprehensive OD Interventions.
12. Structural Interventions and the Applicability of OD.
13. Training Experiences.
IV. KEY CONSIDERATIONS AND ISSUES.
14. Issues in Consultant-Client Relationships.
15. System Ramifications.
16. Power, Politics, and Organization Development.
17. Research on Organization Development.
18. The Future and Organization Development.