- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Based on an American Society for Training and Development-sponsored survey of career development practices in over one thousand large companies in the United States, Europe, Australia, and Singapore, Organizational Career Development summarizes the state-of-the-practice in the field. The authors and their fellow contributors go beyond a general look at career development systems to offer nuts-and-bolts advice for designing and implementing programs.
Based on an ASTD-sponsored survey of career development practices in over 1,000 large companies in the U.S., Europe, Australia, and Singapore, thisbook sum marizes the state-of-the-practice in the field. The authors and their fellow contributors go beyond a general look at career development systems to offer nuts and bolts advice for designing and implementing programs. Case studies of exemplary companies will help others benchmark their own experiences and learn from their successes and mistakes.
1. Organizational Career Development: A Study of Changes in the Field
Part One: The State of the Practice
2. Career Development in the United States: Rethinking Careers in the Flattened Organization
3. Career Development in Europe: Motivating and Retaining Scarce Talent(C. Brooklyn Derr, Erik Jansen)
4. Career Development in Australia: Recognizing the Need for Linkage with Business Strategy(Alastair Rylatt)
5. Career Development in Singapore: Seeking Management Support for Development Efforts(Violet S. K. Seah)
6. Comparing Career Development at Home and Abroad
Part Two: The State of the Art
7. Making It Work: Profiles of Successful Career Development Systems
8. Best Practices: Practical Approaches for Achieving Career Development Objectives 9e 3M: Job Information System 9e Alliance Learning Center: Labor-Management Partnership 9e Nationwide Insurance: Technical Excellence Program 9e Ford Motor Company: Leadership Education and Development 9e Westpac Banking Corporation: Succession Planning and Career Development 9e A Major Telecommunications Company: Managers as People Developers
9. Career Development Successes: What Works and Why Conclusion: Challenges and Recommendations for the Twenty-First Century