- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Based on an American Society for Training and Development-sponsored survey of career development practices in over one thousand large companies in the United States, Europe, Australia, and Singapore, Organizational Career Development summarizes the state-of-the-practice in the field. The authors and their fellow contributors go beyond a general look at career development systems to offer nuts-and-bolts advice for designing and implementing programs.
Based on an ASTD-sponsored survey of career development practices in over 1,000 large companies in the U.S., Europe, Australia, and Singapore, thisbook sum marizes the state-of-the-practice in the field. The authors and their fellow contributors go beyond a general look at career development systems to offer nuts and bolts advice for designing and implementing programs. Case studies of exemplary companies will help others benchmark their own experiences and learn from their successes and mistakes.
1. Organizational Career Development: A Study of Changes in theField
Part One: The State of the Practice
2. Career Development in the United States: Rethinking Careers inthe Flattened Organization
3. Career Development in Europe: Motivating and Retaining ScarceTalent(C. Brooklyn Derr, Erik Jansen)
4. Career Development in Australia: Recognizing the Need forLinkage with Business Strategy(Alastair Rylatt)
5. Career Development in Singapore: Seeking Management Support forDevelopment Efforts(Violet S. K. Seah)
6. Comparing Career Development at Home and Abroad
Part Two: The State of the Art
7. Making It Work: Profiles of Successful Career DevelopmentSystems
8. Best Practices: Practical Approaches for Achieving CareerDevelopment Objectives 9e 3M: Job Information System 9e AllianceLearning Center: Labor-Management Partnership 9e NationwideInsurance: Technical Excellence Program 9e Ford Motor Company:Leadership Education and Development 9e Westpac BankingCorporation: Succession Planning and Career Development 9e A MajorTelecommunications Company: Managers as People Developers
9. Career Development Successes: What Works and Why Conclusion:Challenges and Recommendations for the Twenty-First Century