- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: cadiz, KY
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book provides a synthesis of significant developments in the nature, history, theories, understanding, and prevention of organized crime, together with the criminal justice response. It reports on important convictions of organized crime figures, new transnational links, new attention to human smuggling, Internet crimes, and other modern manifestations of organized criminal activity. This edition includes new tables and figures, including "Organized Crime at the Movies" boxes that tie to relevant content in the text, and a glossary.
1. What Is Organized Crime?
2. Characteristic Organized Crimes I: Conspiracy, Provision of Illicit Goods and Services
3. Characteristic Organized Crimes II: Infiltration of Business, Extortion, and Racketeering
4. Causes of Organized Crime
5. Paradigms of Organized Crime
6. The Mafia: Facts and Myths
7. Changes in the Nature of Organized Crime
8. Transnational Organized Crime
9. Investigative Tools
10. Prosecution Strategies
11. Organizing a Criminal Defense
12. Sentencing Organized Crime Offenders
Timeline of Organized Crime in the United States
Posted March 24, 2008
A clearly-written text on the subject with an excellent summary of the major mob trials, and also good tables and photos throughout. The critical thinking scenarios make it fun!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 20, 2010
No text was provided for this review.