Introduction: Challenges to the Established Order.
NEW ORGANIZATIONAL FORMS.
1. The Value Adding Corporation: Matching Structure with Strategy (Jay R. Galbraith).
2. The Business Unit of the Future (Jay R. Galbraith).
3. New Roles for the Staff: Strategic Support and Services (Edward E. Lawler III & Jay R. Galbraith).
ORGANIZING FOR INTERNAL EFFECTIVENESS.
4. Organizational Change and Learning (Susan Albers Mohrman & Allan M. Mohrman, Jr.).
5. Integrating Roles and Structure in the Lateral Organization (Susan Albers Mohrman).
6. Employee Involvement: Lessons and Predictions (Gerald E. Ledford, Jr.).
7. Creating the High-Involvement Organization (Edward E. Lawler III).
8. New Approaches to Teams and Teamwork (Susan G. Cohen).
DEVELOPING AND MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES.
9. Human Resource Management: Building a Strategic Partnership (Allan M. Mohrman, Jr. & Edward E. Lawler III).
10. Developing Leadership (Morgan W. McCall, Jr.).
Conclusion: Effective Organizations: Using the New Logic of Organizing.