Orthodontics: Current Principles and Techniques / Edition 5by Lee W. Graber, Robert L. Vanarsdall Jr., Katherine W. L. Vig
Pub. Date: 06/27/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
A leading orthodontics reference, Orthodontics: Current Principles and Techniques, 5th Edition provides the latest information from the best experts in the field. It reflects today's emerging techniques, including new information on esthetics, genetics, cone-beam and other three-dimensional technologies, and evidence-based treatment./i>/i>/b>… See more details below
A leading orthodontics reference, Orthodontics: Current Principles and Techniques, 5th Edition provides the latest information from the best experts in the field. It reflects today's emerging techniques, including new information on esthetics, genetics, cone-beam and other three-dimensional technologies, and evidence-based treatment. Coverage of diagnosis and treatment ranges from basic to highly complex situations, all in a concise, extensively illustrated format. Also included with this edition is a companion website that includes an electronic version of all chapters, supplemental content in select chapters, and a complete image collection to help with research and presentations. Written by Lee W. Graber, Robert L. Vanarsdall Jr., and Katherine W. L. Vig, along with a team of expert contributors, this is your go-to book for the practical orthodontic information you can use every day.
• Comprehensive coverage includes foundational theory and the latest on materials and techniques used in today's practice.
• Full-color photographs make it easy to see and distinguish the subtle differences that are necessary to mastering treatment planning.
• More than 2,500 images include a mixture of radiographs, clinical photos, and anatomic or schematic line drawings, showing examples of treatments, techniques, and outcomes.
• Detailed case studies guide you through the decision-making process, showing the consequences of various treatment techniques over time.
• Extensive references cite the latest in orthodontic research, so it's easy to follow up on evidence-based information.
• Authoritative research is provided by a team of three experienced, renowned authors/editors along with a team of worldwide experts.
• Cutting-edge content includes the latest concepts and techniques in orthodontics, including new coverage of temporary anchorage devices, self-ligating bracket biomechanics, clear aligner treatments, technological advances in imaging, and lasers.
• Improved organization separates topics into six parts and 29 chapters, enhancing both learning and research.
• Chapter outlines serve as a handy reference tool for practitioners and researchers.
• New lead author Dr. Lee Graber adds a fresh perspective to the experience of authors Drs. Robert Vanarsdall Jr., and Katherine W. L. Vig.
• Access to a companion website includes an electronic version of all chapters, plus case studies, a complete image collection, and supplemental content.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.80(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
1. Diagnosis and Treatment Planning: The Decision-Making Process in Orthodontics
2. Special Considerations in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
3. Psychological Aspects of Diagnosis and Treatment
4. Craniofacial Imaging in Orthodontics
5. Genetics and Orthodontics
6. The Upper Airway and Craniofacial Morphology
7. Orthodontic Therapy and the Patient with Temporomandibular Disorder
Part II: Tooth Movement: Tissue and Biomechanical Considerations
8. Craniofacial Growth and Development: Evidence-Based Perspectives
9. Tissue Reactions in Orthodontics
10. Bone Physiology, Metabolism, and Biomechanics in Orthodontic Practice
11. Application of Bioengineering to Clinical Orthodontics
12. Biomechanical Considerations with Temporary Anchorage Devices
Part III: Mixed Dentition Diagnosis and Treatment
13. Mixed Dentition Diagnosis and Interceptive Treatment
14. Treatment of Patients in Mixed Dentition
Part IV: Orthodontic Treatment
15. Standard Edgewise: Tweed-Merrifield Philosophy, Treatment Planning, and Treatment
16. Contemporary Straightwire Biomechanics
17. Self-Ligating Brackets: Theory, Practice, and Evidence
18. Lingual Orthodontics with Completely Customized Appliances
19. Clear Aligner Treatment
Part V: Specialized Treatment Considerations
20. Integrating Digital and Robotic Technologies: Three-Dimensional Modeling, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning, and Therapeutics
21. Bonding in Orthodontics
22. Non-Extraction Treatment
23. Periodontal-Orthodontic Interrelationships
24. Adult Interdisciplinary Therapy: Diagnosis and Treatment
25. Surgical Adjuncts to Orthodontics Treatment
26. The Orthodontist's Role in a Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Team
Part VI: Orthodontic Materials and the Evaluation of New Approaches
27. Stability, Retention, and Relapse
28. DentalMaterials in Orthodontics
29. Searching for the Evidence for Clinical Practice
30. Lasers in Orthodontics
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Im lindsay i say as i pull off my shirt and walk up to you.
Hey Sara i say laying down next to kat
Pulls out a kit kat and eats it (ma fav choclate bar)