Orthopaedic Physical Therapy / Edition 4by Robert A. Donatelli, Michael J. Wooden
Provide the best care for your patients by improving your technical and decision-making skills with this all-inclusive text. From basic sciences to detailed information on specific technologies and surgeries, this comprehensive resource has the content you need to expand your expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction. This 4th edition includes… See more details below
Provide the best care for your patients by improving your technical and decision-making skills with this all-inclusive text. From basic sciences to detailed information on specific technologies and surgeries, this comprehensive resource has the content you need to expand your expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction. This 4th edition includes updated, revised, and new chapters to ensure you have the most helpful and clinically relevant information available.
- Coverage of surgical options and postsurgical rehabilitation for your patients with musculoskeletal disorders facilitates communication between therapists and physicians and improves the patient’s post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Updated content on orthopaedic surgical and rehabilitation procedures, including hyaline cartilage replacements, iliotibial band releases, ACL deficit knee, and much more puts the latest advances in the field at your fingertips.
- Case studies and clinical tips strengthen your problem-solving skills and maximize the safety, quality, and efficiency of care.
- Expert editors and contributors share their knowledge from years of practice and research in the field.
- Six new chapters, covering topics such as strength training, screening for referral, neuromuscular rehabilitation, reflect the latest physical therapy practice guidelines.
- Updated clinical photographs clearly demonstrate examination and treatment techniques.
- A user-friendly design highlights clinical tips and other key features important in the clinical setting.
- Terminology and classifications from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition are incorporated throughout the text making descriptions easier to understand.
- An emphasis on treatment of the individual rather than the dysfunction reflects current practice in physical therapy.
- Video clips on the accompanying Evolve site demonstrate evaluation, exercise, and treatment techniques covered in the text.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamental Principles
- Tissue Response
- Exercise Treatment for the Rehabilitation Patient: Cardiopulmonary and Peripheral Responses
- Theory and Practice of Muscle Strengthening in the Orthopedic Patient
- Rehabilitation and Strength Training Concepts - NEW!
- Screening for Referral - NEW!
- Upper Quarter Evaluation: Structural Relationships and Interdependence
- Influence of Cervical Spine on the Stomatognathic System
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Cervical Spine
- Differential Assessment and Mobilization of the Cervical and the Upper Thoracic Spine
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Shoulder
- Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Elbow - NEW FOCUS!
- Dysfunction Evaluation and Treatment of the Wrist and Hand
- Reconstructive Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Wrist and Hand
- Mobilization of the Upper Extremity
- Defining the Core in Rehabilitation: Evaluation and Basic Exercises - NEW!
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation-Advance Exercises - NEW!
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Stabilization Exercises in the Treatment of the Lumbar Spine
- New Advances in Lumbar Spine Surgery and Rehabilitation - NEW FOCUS!
- Lumbar Spine/ Hip/ Sacral Iliac Joint-Differential Soft Tissue Diagnosis and Treatment - NEW FOCUS!
- Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation of the Hip Complex
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Knee
- Surgery of the Knee and Rehabilitation Principles
- Normal and Abnormal Mechanics of the Foot and Ankle - NEW FOCUS!
- Overview of Foot Orthotics and Perscription
- New Advances in Foot and Ankle Surgery and Rehabiliation
- Mobilization of the Lower Extremity
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Somatosensory, Vestibular, and Visual Sensory Integration - NEW!
- EMG Analysis of Manual Muscle Testing and Exercise - NEW!
- Evaluation and Treatment of Neural Tissue Pain Disorders
Part 2: Upper Quarter
Part 3: Lower Quarter
Part 4: Special Considerations
Appendix 1: Manual Therapy Techniques for the Thoracolumbar Spine
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >