Chris Kennedy is a technical writer based in Boulder, Colorado. When he's not typing, Chris climbs rocks, revises his screenplays, and reads the journals of polar explorers.
OS X Mountain Lion (No Fluff Guide)by Chris Kennedy
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Perfect for new and longtime Mac users, this no-fluff guide to OS X Mountain Lion is packed with details on system preferences, the desktop, built-in applications, and utilities. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for printing, scanning, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, and going online. A Windows glossary makes switching to Mac (mostly) painless, and keyboard mavens will find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts.
New features covered include Notification Center, Dictation, Gatekeeper, Game Center, Messages, Notes, Reminders, Share sheets, Twitter integration, Facebook integration, AirPlay Mirroring, Power Nap, screen-saver slideshows, deeper iCloud integration, and App Store updates.
- See live previews of documents, pictures, and folders.
- Use Mission Control to juggle all your open windows and desktops.
- Dock programs, documents, and folders for one-click access.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Use iCloud to store and access the latest versions of your files and settings online.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, email, programs, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Play games on Game Center, Apple's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Post to Facebook and Twitter right from the app you're using.
- Mirror your Mac's screen to your TV wirelessly via AirPlay.
- Share files and printers on your home network.
- Connect to wireless networks with a couple of clicks.
- Set up and manage printers, scanners, and other devices.
- Download and install OS X, apps, and updates from the Mac App Store.
- Secure your data from thieves and snoops.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. OS X Basics
2. The Desktop
3. System Preferences
4. Files, Folders, and Drives
5. Programs and Documents
6. Printing, Faxing, and Fonts
7. Networks and Sharing
8. Online Connections
9. Security and Privacy
10. Maintenance and Backups
11. Switching from Windows
12. Keyboard Shortcuts
- Questing Vole Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 3 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
"I don't know...to be honest, I'm not sure it's really worth writing. Though I could potentially finish it by Thanksgiving."