- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Sir William Osler (1849-1919), one of the world's most influential phy sicians at the turn of the twentieth century, remained popular long af ter his death largely due to his inspirational texts. Regretfully, cha nging times and literary tastes have lessened the impact of Osler's ad dresses despite the timelessness of his ideals and practical advice. C harles Bryan has successfully mended the disfavor in the present volum e. Framing the great physician's message in contemporary, easily acces sible terms, he allows modern readers to rediscover the immense appeal and pragmatism of Osler's invigorating writings.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Manage Time Well: Day-Tight Compartments
2. Find a Calling: Being True to Certain Ideals
3. Find Mentors: The Young Person's Friend
4. Be Positive: Prince of Friends and Benefactors
5. Learn and Teach: Driving Plato's Horses
6. Care, Carefully: The Least Sentimental and the Most Helpful
7. Communicate: Secrets of the Heart
8. Seek Balance: A Simple and Temperate Life
9. (Epilogue) Osler on Character: Pursue Virtue Virtuously