Outdoors with Kids Boston: 100 Fun Places to Explore In and Around the Cityby Kim Foley MacKinnon
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
With parks and reservations, islands and woods, beaches and sanctuaries, the Boston area is the perfect place to get the entire family outside and active close to home. This new, information-packed guide from the outdoors experts at the Appalachian Mountain Club focuses on 100 close-to-home outdoor experiences in and around the city. With tips and tricks, safety and planning information, and educational activity ideas, Outdoors with Kids Boston is the perfect resource for busy parents, particularly those looking to get started in enjoying the outdoors. There’s even a “Plan B” for each destination, in case finicky weather or restless kids put original plans on hold.
Inside You’ll Find
• 100 outdoor destinations for families
• At-a-Glance Trip Planner to help you find the trip that’s right for you
• Detailed maps showing restrooms, parking areas, and highlights
• GPS coordinates and public transportation directions
• Trip planning and safety tips, including advice on keeping kids excited and engaged
• Icons that tell you which destinations are good for swimming, camping, and biking
• Fun activity ideas and educational essays
Meet the Author
Kim Foley MacKinnon is a Boston-based editor, journalist, and travel writer—and the mother of a teenage daughter. She has written four guidebooks and contributed to several others.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >