Outdoors with Kids New York City: 100 Fun Places to Explore In and Around the Cityby Cheryl de Jong-Lambert, William de Jong-Lambert
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Getting the whole family outside and active close to home is easy. This new, user-friendly guide from the outdoors experts at the Appalachian Mountain Club features 100 outdoor experiences in and around New York City, where families can hike, bike, paddle, play, swim, or simply run around. Written by parents and tested by kids, Outdoors with Kids New York City offers tips and tricks, safety and planning information, and educational activity ideas, in addition to the ever-important “Plan B” for when the weather—or the kids—won’t cooperate.
INSIDE YOU"LL FIND
• 100 outdoor destinations for families
• At-a-Glance Trip Planner to help you find the trip that’s right for you
• Detailed maps showing restrooms, parking areas, and highlights
• GPS coordinates and public transportation directions
• Trip planning and safety tips, including advice on keeping kids excited and engaged
• Icons that tell you which destinations are good for swimming, camping, and biking
• Fun activity ideas and educational essays
Meet the Author
Cheryl and William de Jong-Lambert live with their two young children in New York City. Cheryl is a writer at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. William is an associate professor at Bronx Community College, City University of New York.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
She held the frying pan in front of Windy's face, angled it, and swung. The angel fell over and was frozen forever. "You should get some kitchen stuff. Useful." She put a colander on Windy's head, handed her a pot, and gave the Doctor a spatula.