Outdoors with Kids Philadelphia: 100 Fun Places to Explore In and Around the Cityby Susan Charkes
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Getting the whole family outside and active close to home is easy. This new, user-friendly guide from the outdoor experts at the Appalachian Mountain Club features 100 of the best outdoor experiences in and around Philadelphia, where families can hike, bike, paddle, swim, camp, or simply play. Outdoors with Kids Philadelphia offers tips and tricks, safety and planning information, and activity ideas, including the ever-important “Plan B” for when the weather—or the kids—won’t cooperate.
Join the community at kids.outdoors.org to find local events, trip ideas, deals and discounts, and more tips and advice from the outdoor experts.
INSIDE YOU’LL FIND
• 100 Outdoor Destinations for families
• At-a-Glance Trip Planner to help you find the trip that’s right for you
• Detailed Maps showing restrooms, parking areas, and highlights
• GPS Coordinates and public transportation directions
• Trip Planning and Safety Tips, including advice on keeping kids excited and engaged
• Icons that tell you which destinations are good for swimming, camping, and biking
• Fun Activity Ideas and Educational Essays
Meet the Author
Susan Charkes is a native of southeastern Pennsylvania where she writes about nature, outdoor recreation, the environment, and sustainability. She is a hike leader with the AMC and the author of AMC’s Best Day Hikes Near Philadelphia.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews