Overcoming the Hurdles to Academic Success / Edition 1by Luzzo, Marilyn K. Spencer, Marilyn K. Spencer
Pub. Date: 09/28/2002
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company College Division
The first five chapters lay a foundation for academics success, then chapters 6-11 contain the interactive discussions. Each chapter includes Case Studies that/i>/p>
This academic preparation text provides essential information about academic success through a hands-on approach that uses interactive discussion techniques to cover over 100 success strategies.
The first five chapters lay a foundation for academics success, then chapters 6-11 contain the interactive discussions. Each chapter includes Case Studies that demonstrate how some students have overcome academic hurdles using a variety of success strategies; Take It Away summaries that highlight strategies covered and encourage students to apply them to academic and personal life; and Questions for Critical Thought which allow students to practice critical-thinking skills, reflect on their own difficulties, and assess the strategies most likely to work for them.
- Features and exercises throughout the text are marked by marginal icons and complement the discussion of success strategies.
- Points to Ponder highlight an important principle or concept discussed within the chapter.
- Time to Reflect exercises encourage students to mentally review what they've learned and try to connect to their personal experiences.
- Hands-on Exercise Breaks range in content and length, encourage group work, and reinforce the application of concepts and strategies.
- Houghton Mifflin Company College Division
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.87(h) x 0.31(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >