Overtime! The Election 2000 Thrillerby Larry J. Sabato
Pub. Date: 07/28/2001
Publisher: Longman Publishing Group
- Provides unique, riveting insider stories and analyses of the election that will capture readers' attention while helping them to understand why things happened as they did. /li>
Read never-before-published anecdotes, commentaries, and interviews from key insiders about the most exciting Presidential Election in our nation's history!
- Provides unique, riveting insider stories and analyses of the election that will capture readers' attention while helping them to understand why things happened as they did.
- Contributors include: George Terwilliger (Bush legal team); Ron Klain and Jeremy Bash (Gore legal team); Donnie Fowler (Gore campaign advisor); Tom Fiedler (Editor, Miami Herald); Larry J. Sabato and Joshua Scott (University of Virginia); Chuck Babbington (Washington Post); Diana Owens (Georgetown University); Tim Burger (NY Daily News); Jake Tapper (Salon.com/CNN); and Rhodes Cook (The Rhodes Cook Letter).
- Offers never-before-published information about Election 2000!
Larry J. Sabato is at the University of Virginia. According to The Wall Street Journal, Dr. Sabato is "probably the most quoted college professor in the land." The Washington Post calls him "the Mark McGwire of political analysts." He has appeared on dozens of nationally broadcast television shows, including "60 Minutes", "Nightline", "Face the Nation", "The Today Show", "Good Morning America", "48 Hours", "Larry King Live," and "The Jim Lehrer News Hour." Dr. Sabato is the Director of Government Studies at the University of Virginia and is the recipient of more than two dozen major scholarships, grants, and academic awards, and has written 19 books, including: Feeding Frenzy: How Attack Journalism Has Transformed American Politics (Lanahan, ISBN 0965268780); Peep Show: Media and Politics in an Age of Scandal (Rowman & Littlefield, ISBN 0742500101); and Dirty Little Secrets: The Persistence of Corruption in American Politics (Random House, ISBN 0812924991).
- Longman Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.06(h) x 0.57(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The Encore of 'Key Largo.' (Tom Fiedler, Miami Herald).
2. The Long Road to a Cliffhanger: Primaries and Conventions. (Larry J. Sabato and Joshua Scott, University of Virginia).
3. Campaigns Matter: The Proof of 2000. (Chuck Babington, Washington Post).
4. In the Driver's Seat: The Bush DUI. (Tim Burger, New York Daily News).
5. The Perfect Storm: The Election of the Century. (Larry J. Sabato, University of Virginia).
6. Media Mayhem: The Press' Performance in Election 2000. (Diana Owen, Georgetown University).
7. The Labor of Sisyphus: The Gore Recount Perspective. (Ron Klain and Jeremy Bash, Gore/Lieberman legal advisors).
8. A Campout for Lawyers: The Bush Recount Perspective. (George Terwilliger, Bush legal counsel).
9. Down and Dirty Revisited: A Postscript on Florida and the News Media. (Jake Tapper, Salon.com).
10. Stale Mate: The 'Great' Election of 2000. (Rhodes Cook, The Rhodes Cook Letter).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >