2006 Hardcover New Book New and in stock. 9/22/2006. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you ...will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
How to create packaging designs for consumer brands that effectively communicate in the retail environment
Packaging Design: Successful Product Branding from Concept to Shelf is the most comprehensive resource of practical and professional information for creating packaging designs that serve as the marketing vehicles for consumer products. Packed with real-world advice, step-by-step descriptions of the creative process, and all-important insights into the stakeholders, the design process, and the production process, this book illuminates the business of packaging design like no other.
Whether you're a designer, brand manager, or packaging manufacturer, the highly visual coverage in Packaging Design will be useful to you, as well as everyone else involved in the packaging design process. In one convenient book, you'll find:
* Insightful images of the design process, design concepts, three-dimensional models, and prototypes
* A wealth of case studies showcasing how superior packaging designs were created
* A framework for today's packaging design business
* Environmental considerations, along with legal and regulatory issues
* Useful appendices with advice on portfolio development and professional practice guidelines
MARIANNE ROSNER KLIMCHUK is Associate Chair of the Packaging Design Department at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City. She's a frequent lecturer and contributor to industry magazines.
SANDRA A. KRASOVEC is Assistant Professor of Packaging Design at FIT and principal of Krasovec Design in New York City.