Palliative Medicine: Expert Consult: Online and Printby T. Declan Walsh
Pub. Date: 08/25/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
As a palliative medicine physician, you struggle every day to make your patients as comfortable as possible in the face of physically and psychologically devastating circumstances. This new reference equips you with all of today's best international approaches for meeting these complex and multifaceted challenges. In print and online, it brings you the world's most… See more details below
As a palliative medicine physician, you struggle every day to make your patients as comfortable as possible in the face of physically and psychologically devastating circumstances. This new reference equips you with all of today's best international approaches for meeting these complex and multifaceted challenges. In print and online, it brings you the world's most comprehensive, state-of-the-art coverage of your field. You'll find the answers to the most difficult questions you face every day...so you can provide every patient with the relief they need.
• Equips you to provide today's most effective palliation for terminal malignant diseases • end-stage renal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and liver disorders • progressive neurological conditions • and HIV/AIDS.
• Covers your complete range of clinical challenges with in-depth discussions of patient evaluation and outcome assessment • ethical issues • communication • cultural and psychosocial issues • research in palliative medicine • principles of drug use • symptom control • nutrition • disease-modifying palliation • rehabilitation • and special interventions.
• Helps you implement unparalleled expertise and global best practices with advice from a matchless international author team.
• Provides in-depth guidance on meeting the specific needs of pediatric and geriatric patients.
• Assists you in skillfully navigating professional issues in palliative medicine such as education and training • administration • and the role of allied health professionals.
• Includes just enough pathophysiology so you can understand the "whys" of effective decision making, as well as the "how tos."
• Offers a user-friendly, full-color layout for ease of reference, including color-coded topic areas, mini chapter outlines, decision trees, and treatment algorithms.
• Comes with access to the complete contents of the book online, for convenient, rapid consultation from any computer.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 2.10(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >