- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
Cardamom Honey Apples
2 large apples (Golden Delicious)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. To make the Dutch Baby: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place an 8-to-10-inch cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet with a heatproof handle in the oven.
2. Combine the eggs, milk, flour and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Using a pot holder, remove the skillet from the oven and add the butter; tilt the pan to melt the butter and coat the skillet. Add the batter all at once and immediately return the skillet to the oven.
3. Bake until the pancake puffs up around the edges, 18 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the Cardamom Honey Apples: Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut into thin wedges. Heat the butter in a medium skillet until sizzling. Add the apple wedges and cook, stirring gently, until lightly browned on both sides. Sprinkle with the cardamom and stir to coat. Add the honey and heat to boiling. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice.
5. To serve the pancake, slide it from the skillet onto a large platter. Pour the Cardamom Honey Apples into the center. Cut into wedges and serve, distributing the filled evenly.